Thread: GTO maggie tune

GTO maggie tune

Im about to install a 122HH and a custom blower cam in my 06 GTO. I want to take a look at what maggie flashes for their caned tune just so i have a rough idea on what to tweek. Anyone have one? plez

Senior Tuner
    They do not touch the VE or MAF tables, as that would compromise their CARB EO status, they only adjust the PE to get a desired end result AFR. I would just start from scratch and end up with a better tune.

Start with your stock tune, pull timing, increase you VE table 10%, Increase your PE table to command 11.0 AFR (1.33).

Basically start rich with low timing and work your way up.

Your bigger challenge will be dialing in VE, timing & idle for the cam. The cam makes the Maggie tune worthless.
    2004 GTO A4
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION....
    Previous E.T. 10.66 @ 130 mph
    http://www.mongillomotors.com/1066vid.html
    2008 G8
    LS3 76mm Turbo. 582rwhp
    2003 S600 Mercedes
    V12 Twin Turbo 21psi 600 rwhp
    2007 Factor Five GTM
    Twin Turbo forged LS6 600rwhp
    2015 Polaris Slingshot
    Tune & DR

www.ProEdgeTuning.com

Tuning with HPTuners & Mustang MD-1100 Chassis Dyno
    Wallingford, CT.

[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    One option is to just kill the VE altogether and run direct MAF (just like a Ford). This would be much easier to do, and isn't "wrong". It's just "different", and works perfect, IMPO.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

dosnt the e40 use the MAF first and just uses the VE to compare to? right now im confident that i can do the fueling pretty easily, timeing is the only thing i still dont trust myself enough to tweek it. Should i basicaly just add timing to the whole thing (-1%) and just take it back out where the knock histo gets hits?

I would not be trying to make that thing knock, thats for sure. I would pull out ~4ยบ or so, depending on what you are at now, in the high load areas. No need to do it out of boost, most likely need more timing.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

i got it idleing, not to long though cuz the injectors arent right, anyone have 60lb injectors that i can take a look at your tune?