Thread: Is my box or obd2 cable bad?

Is my box or obd2 cable bad?

Well today I went to do a write calibration and I kept on getting the error that there was no power at the port, sure enough whenever the box is not connected to the computer at the USB port the power light does not come on

I find it hard to believe its a problem with the diagnostic port on my car being that my code scanner and my aeroforce scan guages seem to work just fine.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    When you connect your interface to your obd2 port but not a laptop does the green power light illuminate?

When you connect your interface to your laptop but not an obd2 port does the green power light illuminate?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

When you connect your interface to your obd2 port but not a laptop does the green power light illuminate?
    NO

When you connect your interface to your laptop but not an obd2 port does the green power light illuminate?
    YES

check fuse

Check to make sure your fuse for your accessory power port is not blown,
    it also drives power to your obd port, When using your mpvi box. the funny thing is you can still use a scanner which throws you off.
    Tuner 1 day

you know what i think you may have just solved it for me, i did blow up a air compressor off the cigarette lighter last week, ill have to check, i really hope its just a fuse

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If it powers off of your laptop but not your obd2 port like you've stated its probably just the fuse being blown.

If I remember correctly you have a cobalt correct?

I believe its on the passenger side of the floorwell on those vehicles, pita to get to.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

yea im at work right now ill have to dig in tonight, im hoping its just a fuse

Well here we go again, this is getting really old, heres the latest thing to break. I'm about 2 seconds from trading this unreliable piece of shit in on something else.

Tried it out on another car and it works fine, initially I thought my HPT box was bad but it turns out thats not the case.

So is there a fuse someplace for this? I checked every single one on the passenger side in the fuse box and not a single one is bad. Anyone else had this happen?

Did you check under hood fuses as well. Should be labled cigar/ ALDL or something of that sort.
    Always Support Our Troops!