Thread: intake air tempurature question

Tuner in Training

intake air tempurature question

i have a 2.2 ecotec with 5 speed from a 2003 cavalier in my 86 fiero gt.i have remote mount turbocharged it and just recently started to use my hp tuners mpvi pro package .i am using 32 lb injectors set at .1400 constant ,a boost activated snow water meth injection system and a 6:1 vortech fmu .running 8 psi boost from a subaru wrx 16 g .no charge pipe intercooler just yet .my question is this :looking at my scans , the IAT guage is almost always in the red , usually around 42 degrees C .the sensor is mounted on the elbow just before the throttle body and before the water meth nozzle .what does the ECM do when the tempurature goes in the red? should i relocate the sensor to the intake to fool it into thinking the temp is lower than it is? the car has no big drivability issues ,other than me fouling O2 sensor by forgetting to reconnect my oil evac pump after changing my tune .my chart display is mostly smooth lines except the O2 B1S1 and its mostly a sine wave pattern from 174 to700+ MV .i am completely green at reading scans so any info would be appreciated .

Tuner in Training
    i decided the best way to trick the computer into thinking i had a lower IAT was to make sure i had a lower IAT . so i rerouted my charge pipe under the car and added some steel piping to replace the ABS that i figure was just holding in the heat .i then relocated the intake also in a lower location and the filter is now where it draws in outside air just in front of the rear passenger side tire in a hollow spot behind the door .before i changed things the IAT was 35 to 42 degrees C and went in the red anytime boost was in , with a high of 60 .now the temperature hovers around 21* and only spikes into the red when full boost is applied . running much better now .