Thread: Idle tuning with a large cam

Tuner in Training

Exclamation Idle tuning with a large cam

Hello everyone. I am trying to get my Cavalier to idle decently with my tune. I have a 2001 Cavalier with 2200 turbo setup.

The problem I am having, is that with my cam, I see around 1/2 the vacuum at idle that I used to with the stock cam (between 10-15 inHg). Once my computer sees the TPS, as the throttle is closed, and that little vaccum....it doesn't know what to do.

So I get a very rough, rich, high idle that is unreliable sitting there and launching.

I do not have a WIP tune to upload at this point, but any advice until I can get that upladed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John, I'll give ya call later.. From what you said on the phone its too rich. May need to raise the idle and lower the VE in the low RPM tables. I will talk to you more about it tonight...

P&P Tuning

Tuner in Training
    I am trying to get a hold of a copy of the current tune, and the guy that has the car right now...Not having much luck at lunch time

Plan to give me a call reguardless, I may not be right by the car, but at least we should be able to go over some things on it.

Anyone else have expirience with big cams & idle problems?