Thread: LS1 vcm controls, fans

LS1 vcm controls, fans

Need help understanding the fans and controls, the LS1 has two fans, I assume the big is radiator and two speed and the small the the a/c fan one or two speed...I dont know, in the scanner the vcm controls it has a high and low manual control for fans on or off, does this control only effect the radiator fan or both fans.
    2002 WS-6, Built A-4, 3000 stall, Lid and K&N, ported TB, 220/224, .551, 114 LSA, roller rockers, LT's, 2.5" true duals with X-pipe, Koni adjustable front and Bilstein rears with Hotchkis springs, front bar and bushings, welded SFC's, boxed LCA's., Midnight Blue trimmed in silver, silver face gauges, custom hood bird, HPT (with lot's of tuning)

Both fans. They are used in series (low speed) and parallel (high speed).
    Always Support Our Troops!

Thanks EC

Not sure what you meen, on my car if I activate the low fan, only the small is on, and if I activate only the high fan, it seems only the big one is on, and if I activate both, they both are on but seems like the small is on high also...is this correct and the way they are supposed to work?
    2002 WS-6, Built A-4, 3000 stall, Lid and K&N, ported TB, 220/224, .551, 114 LSA, roller rockers, LT's, 2.5" true duals with X-pipe, Koni adjustable front and Bilstein rears with Hotchkis springs, front bar and bushings, welded SFC's, boxed LCA's., Midnight Blue trimmed in silver, silver face gauges, custom hood bird, HPT (with lot's of tuning)

Sounds right to me.

Thanks...just checking because my a/c compressor has been cycling lately and its fully charged and we replaced the presure switch, so we thought it might be the fans not working correctly...we can tell the large fan is two speed, is the small also?

Also you say they work series and parallel, but someone else said they always work together because of the 3 relay system they went to?

Thanks!!

That's why they have the 3 relays so they can run in parallel ((high speed) power wise) or series (low speed)).