Thread: Any guesses

Tuner

Any guesses

Okay, you see my mods list in sig for this year. Last year this was nothing but a rocker car with a 3.25 pulley setup. Here was the list: Thrasher 3.25 MPS, Intense 1.9 rockers, GMPP 2.5 exhaust no cat/ubend removed, Intense standard PCM, BFG drag radials, MSP CAI. Best time last year was 13.22 at 102. With a dry 75 shot of Zex, a 12.78 at 108. Not too bad at all huh. Well, popped 2 pistons at the end of race season and rebuilt. Now after $5000 in motor, I'm slower than last year without the NOS. Myself and 3800pro is trying to figure out what happened. But I purchased a LS1 tb kit and HP tuners since everyone says it just needs tuned. I built it to run 12.5's and cannot believe a tune can gain me 2 seconds. Thats right, this thing has only ran a best of 14.14 at 96 out of 5 runs this year.
    I havent got the LS1 tb or the HPT yet, they are in shipping. But when I get them I'll post a scan and see what you guys think.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Re: Any guesses

it probably aint in the tuning but who knows.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

You probably popped two pistons because the Intense PCM commands way too much timing!!! I had over 13 degrees of KR with Intense PCM before I got HPTuners to change the timing tables. And I have lots of supporting mods..
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Tuner in Training

Are you sure your not getting any KR. I see in your sig that you have a 3.0 pully... Even w/ the SS IC, i dunno if that would be enough to run a 3.0 w/ 9.2:1 compression. How about the L32 heads. Is the combustion chamber the same size as the L67 Heads. What thickness head gasket are you running. Never know, you might be at 10:1 and trying to pull 12psi boost w/ intenses +4 of timing!

Tuner

Stock head gaskets. L32 heads are the same as L67 with the exception of the valves are a different size, but only 1 or 2 thousanths. And I checked compression. Good across the board at 180. Motor only has probably 150 miles on it but hasn't run a good 1/4 since built. Scanning shows 0 amount of KR except a spike of 1-2 degrees at shift points during WOT.
    I ordered HPT to try and tune this thing, and I appreciate all your thoughts and comments. Like I said, I cannot believe tuning will get this thing the times I built it for. It almost seems like a problem in the combination of parts. But I know alot of cars with like mods running 12.5's
    And what do you mean by too much timing. If I get 0 KR, I want as much timing as possible. I'll scan it again, but I think 18-22 was the norm at WOT.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!