Thread: Cannot Connect or Flash pcm!

Tuner in Training CAMAROZ28AQUINO's Avatar

Cannot Connect or Flash pcm!

just got in hp tuners and i used it yesterday, everything worked fine. Then i go to do some adjustments today and it says "The interface was not found or is not responding. Verify it is connected properly and the vehicles diagnostic port has power." I triple checked everything, car is in run position, cables are all hooked up tightly, the little module thing shows it has power with the little green light. I dont know what to do? This happened within 24 hours with no changes or updates made to my laptop.

1998 Camaro Z28 A4
    18x9.5 C6 Z06's |SLP Lid | Pacesetter Lt's | Custom Catted Y | Corsa Catback | Cutout | TCI 3000 | 3.73's | Comp 228/232 .588/.595 110+4 | PRC Duals | 7.425 Pushrods | Hp Tuners |

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Check your cig lighter fuse.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

will do...thanks. Ill let you know the outcome

1998 Camaro Z28 A4
    18x9.5 C6 Z06's |SLP Lid | Pacesetter Lt's | Custom Catted Y | Corsa Catback | Cutout | TCI 3000 | 3.73's | Comp 228/232 .588/.595 110+4 | PRC Duals | 7.425 Pushrods | Hp Tuners |

Well i checked fuses, all good, i checked them with a test light as well. Ends up i uninstalled the hp tuners program and then reinstalled it, it then worked. I donno how long this will last though :S. what could be causing this?

1998 Camaro Z28 A4

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No clue, first time I've heard of it, probably a fluke.

this happens to me also if I leave the vcm scanner connected before I flash. I just click the disconnect icon in scanner and then I can flash.

good call! Maybe that was the issue?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

No nothing could connect, scanner wouldnt recognize nor the vcm editor? But i did notice when installing the drivers both times i installed the program i got a popup saying something about causing problems now or down the road? Have you seen that?

1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Potential Tuner
    Same thing happened to me yesterday. Still not fixed. But still not giving up.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMAROZ28AQUINO
    just got in hp tuners and i used it yesterday, everything worked fine. Then i go to do some adjustments today and it says "The interface was not found or is not responding. Verify it is connected properly and the vehicles diagnostic port has power." I triple checked everything, car is in run position, cables are all hooked up tightly, the little module thing shows it has power with the little green light. I dont know what to do? This happened within 24 hours with no changes or updates made to my laptop.
    This has been happening to me as well. I get through the issue by "Relink VATS" (under the flash menu in Editor) whenever it happens, and it allows me to connect and flash.

Hope you solve your problem.
    MP112 conversion.

2000' Grand Prix GTP

Tuner in Training
    I am haveing the same problem. I bought a new laptop cause the old one is very old and the battery only lasts for 5 mins. Installed HPTuners and drivers and it worked great. I tried again 6 hours later and it wouldnt connect. I tried repluging in the cable, turning the car off and back on, tried restarting the computer and reinstalling the drivers and it still wont connect. I can immediatly swap the cable to the old comp and it connects and works fine. I am running windows vista on my new comp could that be a problem?

Try uninstalling everything and reinstalling it, worked for me so far hasnt done it again!

1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Potential Tuner
    i'm getting the same thing. it's a older setup though not usb

Potential Tuner
    ok i got it to connect finally after unplugging and plugging the cable into the car about five times. now it just cuts off randomly during scanning.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    are you running a usb to serial adapter or straight to a serial port?

Potential Tuner
    straight up serial. should i get an adapter?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by rons00z
    straight up serial. should i get an adapter?
    definitely no, just troubleshooting, if you'd like I can have you send in your interface for inspection, just get in contact with me at support at hptuners.com

Potential Tuner
    ok i'll mess with it today to see if i was doing something wrong. i was getting pretty pissed with it so chances are i was just spinning my wheels. but i'll contact you if things are still shady like they were yesterday.