Thread: 408 l92 l76

Tuner in Training

408 l92 l76

hello,

we just fired up the 408 last night for the first time... i got a start up tune from the speed shop to see if we have any leaks or issues to work out.... i plan on taking it to hime saturday for a full tune. i was hoping to be able to drive the car a little just to make sure there are no more issues.... heres the specs.....

2000 trans am m6 with 3:89
    408 nitrous motor
    11:5:1 cr
    L92 port and polished
    L76 with nw 90mm
    1 3/4 with no cats ....i will soon have some 1 7/8

cam specs : ) i know its a little big for the l76 but i wanted it be suitable for when they come out with a better intake.

252/263 @ 640 on a 112 + 4

ISSUES

the car idles great...very smooth at around 900 rpm....great response, doesn't die or hesitate at all.....
    the MIL light is now on and the code says MAF low voltage....
    i never had an issue before so i don't know...

I have a fast air fuel reader and the idles around 12 -13 afr
    driving the car is completely different..... it runs really rich like around 9.0 10.00 when around 3-to 4 grand....it didn't want to take off at all....falls on its face..... i was just curious if any body could give me some advice on what to do....i will pull the tune this afternoon and post so if anybody wants to make any comments i would appreciate..

thanks to all....

Tuner in Training
    hmmmm....i was curious if anybody could tell me how to put my file on here for people to view

GO Advanced and the paperclip is your friend.
    Always Support Our Troops!

VE and MAF need to be tunned. 9:1 is really rich and you could wash the cylinders and not seat the rings at that rich of an AFR. Break in is very important for that motor right now. With all you have invested wait until your tuner gets you dialed in before driving it that rich, even if you have to tow it to them.
    Last edited by Dozer; 04-20-2008 at 10:29 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by project nightmare
    252/263 @ 640 on a 112 + 4

=) MMMM CAM!