Thread: stall converter

Potential Tuner

stall converter

have 01 silverado got 3500 stall i am interested to know if there are any adjustments that can be done to make truck drive nicer at normal driving also have 410 rear end gears so it is in second gear as soon as i start to move

Senior Tuner

Re: stall converter

The way I usually do it is by setting my WOT shift points first to maximum performance. You can do this by making a couple of passes down a 1/4 mile track and adjusting your WOT shift points until you see no more increase in MPH ... this is of course if you can keep spinning at a minimum. Next I adjust the part throttle shift points based on the trans gears and diff gears at a nice increasing slope to the WOT points. Depending on the vehicle, it could look like a nice smooth line or a knoll (hill) type line. After that is set, recalibrate you TCC apply/release points to suite your tastes around the shift points. After that, you can start adjusting the pressure points, if you so desire. Also, I would not delete TM, you can reduce it if you'd like. I kept TM on part throttle driving just to spare the trans. Good Luck!

Potential Tuner

Re: stall converter

thanks for the info!

could you please be more specific about how to adjust lockup? thanks!