Thread: My 4.3L PCM compares to what LSx style V8 PCM?

Tuner in Training

Question My 4.3L PCM compares to what LSx style V8 PCM?

My 2002 s10 4.3L PCM compares to what LSx style V8 PCM?

I know I found this spelled out somewhere here in the forums and I just cant remember what is was. I have searched but come up short....

I'm sure this is a no brainer but I just cant seem to find it again

Thanks in advance!

as far as i know it can just be wired for 2 more injectors and reflashed and you should be off and running....or so ive heard.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah the pcm's are identical afaik.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the responses guys! Maybe I wasn't as clear as i should have been , I have not found much information regarding tuning a 4.3L s10 on the forums, however there is oodles of information on the V8 tuning for LS1 and LS2 stuff. I'm just not sure which one is directly related to my pcm. So is my pcm the same as LS1 or LS2 pcm's...or both?
    I have a 2002 S10 with the 4.3L and auto tranny, to clarify.
    Sorry I'm a noob but learning fast!

Advanced Tuner
    I have a 02 S10 4.3 also and have been working on mine. Basically I spend more time on the V8 section reading then in the V6. Our system is identical to a LS1 program... to be more exact look up the same year and I think all the buttons will be identical...keep in mind that their engine number will be different as tehy are V8's and we're V6's but the concept will be nearly identical. Also you can use also of the same trans help and configurations since the 4.3 has a 4l60 trans. Like I said before I never get a huge amount of helpful info in the V6 forum but TONS of answers on the V8 tuning forum. Pm me if I can help any more.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yup, its pretty much identical even down to the operating systems as most of the 4.3's even have 1/2/3 bar tuning along with Real Time Tuning.

Hmmm... interesting question then. Could you get the nessicary sensors to use this PCM to run any other pushrod V6? I'm guessing it supports CO/NP ignition and bank based knock retard?
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    Experimental Physicist

Current:
    1964 Riviera (4.1L Buick Turbo6, 4L80E, L67 PCM)
    2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan (3.8 GDI, 8spd Aisin)
    1998 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 (454, 4L80E)
    SOLD:
    1970 Riviera
    1965 Riviera GS (465 Super Wildcat, SP400) #'s Matching
    1967 Skylark Deluxe
    1997.5 Regal GS

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye55
    I have a 02 S10 4.3 also and have been working on mine. Basically I spend more time on the V8 section reading then in the V6. Our system is identical to a LS1 program... to be more exact look up the same year and I think all the buttons will be identical...keep in mind that their engine number will be different as tehy are V8's and we're V6's but the concept will be nearly identical. Also you can use also of the same trans help and configurations since the 4.3 has a 4l60 trans. Like I said before I never get a huge amount of helpful info in the V6 forum but TONS of answers on the V8 tuning forum. Pm me if I can help any more.
    popeye55, thanks that was exactly what I as looking for!
    Bill thanks also for your response, good to see active support from the company!

So now if only I would get shipping info on my pro suite.... it was ordered on the 17th....you guys are killing me

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksharpie
    So now if only I would get shipping info on my pro suite.... it was ordered on the 17th....you guys are killing me
    You can always contact sales at hptuners.com and they will be able to give you the most accurate up to date info on your order.

-Bill

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    You can always contact sales at hptuners.com and they will be able to give you the most accurate up to date info on your order.

-Bill
    This is true, all i was trying to get across is that I'm very excited to get the product!