Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok heres one for the experts!!!!

will do thank you so much EC your advice is always welcome I will blend mit as you say thank you and I will set the RPM too 100 just to see if this helps

Ok EC and all others I made the changes that EC suggested to the stock tune an then decided since I had a stock LS7 file to copy and paste the timing it has in the correct spots, since the LS7 has more timing cells than the 99 maro PCM, and then used my bottom half tune and blended em together whats your thoughts to this??? Just curious since I am using all LS7 parts hahaha. Im going to give it a try on both

so please tell me what ya think of the 2 EC?? Or anyone else for that matter they both feel good which one looks to have the better spark table????

Use the LS7 stuff. However stock LS7's are a bit aggressive at the bottom end.
    Always Support Our Troops!

would you shape one that you think would be better and I will go from there thanks EC!!!!!

It will all depend on your car. The LS7 tables should be pretty close though.
    Always Support Our Troops!

For some reason, during the dyno pull it exited out of PE mode at about frame 299, commanded AFR went from 12.53 to 14.63. At that same moment, injector time dropped from 14.0 ms to 12.2 and timing went from 29 degress to 34.

Why that happened is the question.

Did you change the tune or use the VCM controls on the scanner during the pull?
    2004 GTO A4
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION....
    Previous E.T. 10.66 @ 130 mph
    http://www.mongillomotors.com/1066vid.html
    2008 G8
    LS3 76mm Turbo. 582rwhp
    2003 S600 Mercedes
    V12 Twin Turbo 21psi 600 rwhp
    2007 Factor Five GTM
    Twin Turbo forged LS6 600rwhp
    2015 Polaris Slingshot
    Tune & DR

www.ProEdgeTuning.com

Tuning with HPTuners & Mustang MD-1100 Chassis Dyno
    Wallingford, CT.

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Dynojets=inertia dynos tend to read higher and can be manipulated easily.

Mustang=load bearing dyno measures actual power output not just a calculation of how fast you spun a roller. Ideal scenario tune on any load bearing dyno then do a final pull on a Egojet to get the numbers we all love so much.

My truck actually is having a similar issue made 180whp at 18:1 AFR on a Dynojet dyno. Didnt trust their sensor due to recent alcohol drenching. I "thought" my Innovate was acting up etc.. Pull was simply meant to be a baseline too
    Recently replaced Fuel pump with "Spectra" aftermarket replacement. It had a sock on the bottom of pump and another on bottom of cup. This is what Ive chosen to blame for an inability to build more than 45psi fuel pressure!!
    It was also starting KR about 3600RPM occasionally LOL

Anyway my recent issue if it helps any. Hopefully a new pump and some actual pressure Ill be good.
    Disclaimer:The above comments are my opinion only and should be checked or verified BEFORE any action is taken based on said advice.

Quote Originally Posted by edgZ06
    For some reason, during the dyno pull it exited out of PE mode at about frame 299, commanded AFR went from 12.53 to 14.63. At that same moment, injector time dropped from 14.0 ms to 12.2 and timing went from 29 degress to 34.

Why that happened is the question.

Did you change the tune or use the VCM controls on the scanner during the pull?
    I didnt do anything with the scanner which is why its weird cause on the street runs perfect 12.5 across the board through every gear. Dont have an answer as to why, all I did was scan the dyno run and it went lean on my innovative WB, their WB, and on the scanner so I know its not a fluke