Thread: Multi-cable compatable software

Senior Tuner

Multi-cable compatable software

Hey,

Simple request.. Can we add seperate licenses to software? Some of us tunershops don't want to put all of our eggs in one basket. Instead of one $10k its better to have two $5k cables. This gets tedious though when trying to install two copys of the software on one machine.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

No need to install two copies.

If you want to switch between to MPVI units, just close the software and swap out vcm suite.cfg and license.dat files between your two interfaces in:
    my documents/HP Tuners/Settings
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Senior Tuner
    I see. Is there anyway you can make a switch or something in the software to make it a little easier for guys like me.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin
    I see. Is there anyway you can make a switch or something in the software to make it a little easier for guys like me.

Couldn't you just make a switch batch file to swap them back & forth then?
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.