Thread: Changing default save and config locations?

Changing default save and config locations?

Is there any way to change the default save and config locations within HPT?

The reason I ask is that the PC I currently use has the "my documents" folder redirected out to a network share. Unfortunately I would not have access to these folders offline. It's becoming a chore manually directing my "my documents" folder to a new location whenever I'd like to use HPT while not connected to the network.

Thank you for your help.

any time you open or save a config/histogram/log/tune/etc.. it will store that folder as the default folder for that particular action.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Thanks for the quick reply. My question is in regards to changing the default folder. Since HPTuners is looking within the my documents directory (which has been redirected to a network share) I do not have access to it while in my vehicle. I'm saving all my configs and tunes in a separate location, although I always get an error message when opening a config saying that the default location is not available.

hmmm... interesting scenario.

Right now its not configurable. We'll have to add it to the todo list.

In the mean time can you create a different user account on your laptop with a local my documents folder?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    hmmm... interesting scenario.

Right now its not configurable. We'll have to add it to the todo list.

In the mean time can you create a different user account on your laptop with a local my documents folder?
    That's what I was afraid of. I did end up making an additional local account so I am able to work without error. That does solve my immediate problem.

If you could add that to a future release I don't think it'd be a bad idea. I know I would appreciate it, even if it was simply a reg key or within the VCM suite.cfg file and had no option to edit within the VCM Editor interface.

Thanks again for all you're doing,
    Ryan
    Last edited by Rhino; 05-02-2008 at 02:02 PM.