Thread: My scanner gone crazy

My scanner gone crazy

Here is the case before 2 days I used the scanner and every thing was fine, but today when I used it it gave me strange readings . The (VE – wideband O2, Air Fuel ratio and VE AFR error) are showing infinity . From the table display you can see that the wideband is giving the right reading for that reason I think something wrong with my scanner. Also, just for test I used the default config and it was the same thing except for the VE AFR error it gave me unsupported parameter. so any idea why it is like this . Attached are the config I used and some data.
    One more thing why I gives me unsupported parameter in calculating HP histogram No. 10?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Seems to be working fine for me, sounds like your VCM Scanner.cfg file might have something screwy in it, quick fix would be to close the scanner, delete that file & reopen the scanner.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    no clue about the #10 histogram, looks like you are trying to plot an unsupported PID.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanx Bill I mange to fix the scanner by deleting the whole program and reinstall it again .

Knock Retard shows as "unsupported parameter" on new software / laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Seems to be working fine for me, sounds like your VCM Scanner.cfg file might have something screwy in it, quick fix would be to close the scanner, delete that file & reopen the scanner.
    I have a similar problem. I installed VCM Suite on the CD that came with my scanner interface. It was a beta version. That laptop is on its last leg and I have installed recent versions on 2 other laptops. Anything I tune and scan as a new vehicle will log Knock Retard, but If I log a vehicle tuned by the older beta software, the KR parameter will show as "Unsupported" on the new software and laptops in the table. I can use the old laptop with beta version and it will show and log knock retard. Any suggestions? Old laptop is XP and new ones are Win7. I have deleted .cfg and re-installed on new laptops and still can't log KR with that "old" tune. I have opened backup of tune on new laptop, reflashed, reflashed using write entire...still no go. This is a Gen III GM V8 pcm. I will post anything if needed...just don't know where to start. I have searched forum on several occasions and can't find any solution.