Thread: MAP sensor problem

Tuner in Training

MAP sensor problem

(97 3.8L turbo camaro)

My MAP sensor is not reading in HP Tuners it just sits at a constant value and doesn't move at all. I tested the sensor with a voltmeter and it read and worked as normal. from terminals A-C it read 5.02v and from B-C terminals it read 4.84v with ignition on and then 2.2-2.3v with car idling, just as it should! But it does not read in HP Tuners and im wondering if my engine PCM is reading it or not. anyone have any similar problems or have any advice? Thanks...

EDIT: my timing advance is doing the same thing. just sits at one constant value and doesnt change at all.
    Last edited by dmw319; 05-06-2008 at 11:53 AM.

Tuner in Training
    i just emailed HP Tuners support...

also, with the key on.. the MAP reads 101... then when you start the car it goes to a random number like 65 or 90.. and just stays there until you turn the car off again.. and it goes back to 101....

Tuner in Training
    anyone?

Tuner in Training
    also i was getting the p0121 code but changed my max and min to 100 and 0 so now that went away. i read a little bit on how having a cam can sometimes effect that tps 0121 code.. i could try another TPS? would a bad TPS cause the MAP to be reading a consistent kpa??

http://www.ls2.com/boggs/dtcs/DTC%20P0121.htm
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=101510

also getting P1374.

im at a loss of what to do... here is a scan so you can see what im talking about...
    www.savedalone.com/misc/idle703.hpl
    Last edited by dmw319; 05-08-2008 at 06:07 PM.

Tuner in Training
    TTT. tried a new PCM and ICM and crankshaft position sensor and still nothing... car wont even turn over.
    Last edited by dmw319; 05-20-2008 at 12:37 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Hi there, did you get this solved yet?

I know from experience that the car won't start if the crank sensor isn't plugged in the whole way... I can't remember if the car flips out over the cam position sensor.

I have had issues with the coils not seating the whole way or the ICM not being plugged in the whole way... also things that will keep the car from starting.

... oh, is your battery dead?

... have you tried a new MAP sensor just for giggles, or checked to make sure all vac hoses in the area are plugged in? I'm tryin to remember what I did to fix the problem, and I think it was a TPS sensor.

Tuner in Training
    yea car starts now. i think it was a mix of the tune/CPS.