Thread: Speed Density OS

Potential Tuner

Speed Density OS

I noticed that 00 and earlier OSs do not have the "Add vs. IAT" table under Power Enrich. What year is the SD OS based off of? Does it have this table? My end goal is to ground out the AIT sensor to pull timing and add fuel with the injectors for an SD dry shot.

If it doesn't I'll have to go wet and just pull timing the same way, but that's not as fun

Tuner in Training
    In a speed density calculation IAT are already accounted for as "Speed density" itself references IAT and MAP to attempt to geuss out the Mass of said air in our cylinder. So im going to geuss this would be why it is not there on the SD OS
    Im fairly new to HPT and this answer was based off experience with other sytems therefore I do not claim it is 100% correct just a theory.

Potential Tuner
    So the SD OS does NOT include this table? I know how SD works I just want to make use of this table to add extra fuel when the IAT sensor is grounded aka -40* (which could only happen when my nitrous kit is armed because I don't drive in arctic conditions ;] ).

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmart
    What year is the SD OS based off of?
    Its based off of YOUR file, we put in the developement time to allow you to apply our custom operating systems right to YOUR file rather than some generic off the shelf file from other years/makes or even models. This makes the application & startup process much easier for our customers.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Its based off of YOUR file, we put in the developement time to allow you to apply our custom operating systems right to YOUR file rather than some generic off the shelf file from other years/makes or even models. This makes the application & startup process much easier for our customers.
    I see, that clears things up...So if I wanted this table I would have to license for an 02 OS do a full write to my 00 PCM, then apply the SD OS to that?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Correct, the earlier pcm code didn't have this table.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the help! maybe I'll just run a wet shot instead, atleast I can still pull timing with the IAT Spark Advance Correction.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dmart
    So the SD OS does NOT include this table? I know how SD works I just want to make use of this table to add extra fuel when the IAT sensor is grounded aka -40* (which could only happen when my nitrous kit is armed because I don't drive in arctic conditions ;] ).

Would this throw off your tune though as you change the variable of the IAT??

out of curiousity is all Im learning too LOL
    Last edited by Team Addiction; 05-08-2008 at 12:28 AM.