Thread: 4l60 setting it up

Advanced Tuner

4l60 setting it up

I have read for a day or two on the howto's stickies and threads on setting up basics. I am posting a stock, and one I sorta used Russ K's tips on a differnt thread and some from a mail order from Wait4me. The one I did sucks! I pm Russ to hopefully help me get it on the right track. I used his method of changing the 100 force motor table though never seen to match the 96, raised max psi to 96, did his formula for the shift pressure using 0 to 40 interpolate, cut, reload and add feature. I am tuning my 02 4.3 S10 Crewcab. It's no speed demon but it's my toy! I am looking to firm up shifts some one thing I did was I used some of W4M shifting tables but I used the downshift from my performance table. I have no tow and haul so the perf. tables are not used. I guess I was thinking that would give me nice upshifts and down shift....I was wrong it SUCKS. My goal is MPG over Speed if there is a difference in approach. Russ you had also in the past sent me some great info and configs for idle tuning and since my laptop "previously" was cooked by lighting I lost them. If anyone could look over these and get me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. I don't want a spoon feeding just a distance and azimuth "you military guys know what I mean!" For not I guess I am going to go back to stock + Russ K's couple changes. I can make some logs if I knew which parameters I'd need and what I needed to me looking at. In advance thanks~

Senior Tuner
    Someone who is more experienced with your trans will hopefully chime in here, but, too me, your shift pressures look really low still. What is the MAX torque you see in a scan bud? And what is the reported torque at your shifts as well?

Advanced Tuner
    I'll log them this weekend and get back...thanks for taking interest!