Thread: 16 Injectors - LS1 PCM

16 Injectors - LS1 PCM

Can the Ls1 PCM support 16 injectors (all high impedance) with out any additional modules?

Potential Tuner
    No, they only support 8 channels and driving two injectors per channel would cause damage due to excessive current draw.

However if you put them in series it *might* work. Or it might be a complete disaster... LOL
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    However if you put them in series it *might* work. Or it might be a complete disaster... LOL

in series the load would be halved, and if they are the same impedance, you will only see half the current of a single injector (I=V/R where V is fixed and R is the resistive sum of the injectors)
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

And since the injectors are 1/2 current and 1/2 voltage they will be sluggish. The injector offset values would be VERY interesting to say the least... LOL
    Always Support Our Troops!

Not to worry .. we are planning on running 2 LS1 PCM's instead

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledip
    Not to worry .. we are planning on running 2 LS1 PCM's instead
    I'd think some kind of secondary driver may be easier...
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

ran a good after market driver box and 8 lo impedance hi flow injectors and after running down the strip and checking the data logger the EGT's were varying between each other as much as 200 degrees.... but running on the standard PCM and hi impedance injectors they varied only 20 degrees...

I have only used the versafueler, but have had very good luck with. Before you do something drastic, have you fully evaluated your issue? What did the injectors flow when tested out? Which LowZ injectors were you running?
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

The Injectors were flowed before being fitted to the car.. and dont get me wrong the thing made power.. huge power... but i think the main thing people are missing here is that the EGT's were way out... i know you have said that you have tried the versafueler and have had good luck .. but do you run EGT's most people dont who swear by all these addon driver boxes yet they have no idea what sort of temos they are running ... you may not fell the difference but your engine is certainly feeling it...

The owner/tuner of the car is up there with the best of the tuners we have here and i know he has tuned it properly...

as for the type of injectors i am not sure which ones they were...

but we are definatley going the route of the 2 LS1 PCM's... cost nothing more as he has the 2 PCM's and 2 sets of injectors and i will make up the loom.. the sooner the better so we can get this car down the strip again and see if it can go low 8 or high 7's