Thread: Solstice GXP 07 to 08 Stock Tune Ramblings

Solstice GXP 07 to 08 Stock Tune Ramblings

So got a chance to DL the stock tunes from my 07 Solstice GXP and someone else's 08 and noticed this big difference in the AFR Spark Advance tables. The only real factory change I know of that makes sense is the hotter plugs.

So what do you all think?

Wow 23 views and zero thoughts? ... Where are all the Solstice and Sky Turbo folks? No one finds this not discussion worthy?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by justmike
    So got a chance to DL the stock tunes from my 07 Solstice GXP and someone else's 08 and noticed this big difference in the AFR Spark Advance tables. The only real factory change I know of that makes sense is the hotter plugs.

So what do you all think?
    Which is the 2008? If it is the one on the right, it might explain the KR that is so prevalent on the 2007. Plugs typically don't change performance, they allow you to extract what is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack B
    Which is the 2008? If it is the one on the right, it might explain the KR that is so prevalent on the 2007. Plugs typically don't change performance, they allow you to extract what is there.
    Well I had names on the files but it looks like they don't display

Anyway the one on the right with all the zeros in the cells is from the stock 08. Since I have the hotter plugs along with Wester tune I am debating some base runs with the 07 AFR Spark Advance Correction - add table and then some runs with the 08 AFR Spark Advance Correction - add table since the comparision of the Wester's tune and my stock tune have all the spark correction tables as equal.

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Im still datamining for this thing's procedure of calculating advance.
    I Do know for sure that changing that table to reflect the 08's programming put a marked improvement on KR.
    I still get KR from certain running conditions, burst knock is one of them.

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Id like to see the 08's 4 ignition maps if somone's got em.
    Specifically Id like to see if they supplimented high load ignition with what they removed from the AFR adder.

I'll upload the stock 08 tune when I get home tonight

Here' the 08 tables
    WOT

<EDIT> Sorry, ignore my previous comment... I had my AFR calculator set to EQV ratio instead of Lambda

PS> I've just uploaded the stock tune from an 08 Sky to the repository
    Last edited by WopOnTour; 05-19-2008 at 12:15 PM.

Sure wish someone would approve those stock tunes rather then having to post them in the thread

In the meantime here is a screen shot of the compare differences between the 07 and 08 stock tunes

Advanced Tuner
    All those changes and it still only makes 260hp...

Quote Originally Posted by shabby
    All those changes and it still only makes 260hp...
    Yea but you pile some of them on top of the Wester's tune and it is nice and smooth with a whole lot more ... oh and a mod or two does not hurt ...

Mike, what is the build date of your car? There was differences between my son's GXP and mine. my car was built 02/2007, my son's GXP was built 05/2007. I'll compare the three tonight to see if the his 07 and the 08 to see if it is the same. When I used his 05/2007, that cleared up the problem I was having at 30mph at 2000rpm.
    2007 Solstice GXP, Solo Mach Shorty, Solo Performance high flow CAT, Westers Garage Race Tune.
    www.KappaPerformance.com/forum

So I have heard that there were a couple of changes one on the cam for intake and exhaust that did not depend on the plugs and the other that was for the hotter plugs that started shipping as stock on late 07s. Funny thing is that I can not confirm that the TSB that has them change the plugs includes an update to the tables as well.