Thread: C5 turbo tunning problem.

Potential Tuner

C5 turbo tunning problem.

I have a 2000 C5 auto with a single turbo 88K miles.Pump,hot wire and 60# injectors.I just got it up and running with a base tune.The car is fast and I'm happy with the power at 11#s with no knock.My first problem is that when you hit it from a roll and the car down shifts it goes like h*ll and then goes into reduced power mode.If you lean into the car from a dead stop and the car goes through the gears with out down shiffting,everything is fine.Something about the down shifts or the breaking loose of the tires puts it into the reduced power mode.I have to pull over and clear all the codes and everything is back to normal.Most of the codes are history H and only currnet C code is the tilt steering.The car also runs hot at 220 most of the time with a modfied thermostat and fan programmed to come on at 185.That's another problem I need to address after I figure out the tunning.
    The other tunning issue is that I cannot load the car up on the foot brake.As soon as you give it any throttle the car starts to shudder and the rpms will not go up past 1400.Almost feels like it something to do with the ABS brakes or the the traction control which I do have switched off.
    Thanks in advance.

you may be exceeding the airflow limits in some of your diagnostic tables.

A tune and log of your issues are worth their weight in gold when you have questions like this
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB