Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to tune for return fuel system.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    thank lwrs

set to 43 psi rail with no reference
    Is this the right data for 80's and a return system set at 43psi? I'm currently using omega's spreadsheet and things are working but I still get some idle hunting.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    hunting can be caused by many things in the lsj but since your playing with injectors and still cant get them to settle down I would bet your base data isn't close to what your injectors are really doing. every batch of injectors is different so any setup file will naturally only give you a good starting point. if you haven't performed an injector offset verification then you never finished finalizing your injector setting. Yes you can take the data from the flow bench facility but tuning the offsets on the car corrects the injectors for the specific setup being run in the vehicle. if done properly your idle would be fixed upon performing the steps im about to post, not to mention your tune would be a lot smoother and easier to control. In the file I mention a voltage controller. I know it isn't something everyone has access to but if you at least setup the offsets for the current configuration of the vehicle then you should see an immediate change in idle quality and ease of calibration.

also look at your injector flow data and pay attention to what ms the flow bench results start to recommend a short pulse modification. if your injector ms at idle dips into the range in which the flow test recommends a short pulse modifier then chances are you hit the non-linear zone of the injector and will have to calibrate the short pulse adders as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 05-31-2015 at 11:45 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    I am very new at this and am working with a set of siemens 80lb injectors I got from OTTP. Unfortunately that's all I got from them, 4 injectors in a bag lol. So at this point I think I need to send them out and get them flow matched and blueprinted before I can do any verification on the offsets.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    That is an option.

Potential Tuner
    Ok so I am new at tuning and thought I would post this here instead of starting a new thread if anyone could help that would be great. I have 80lbs injectors and want to make sure I am setting everything correctly.

modifier is set to 1.6
    FR vs KPA VAC is 63

Stock rail pressure is 58 and new rail pressure is 43
    58-43=15 = 103 KPA
    Use the -101 KPA and set all of them to that

Advanced Tuner
    bump, anyone have links to the pics with the photobucket ransom? I just want to verify I'm doing it correctly

Tuner in Training
    Photobucket shut down the free service side and tried to force everyone to start paying for it so many just deleted everything and their accounts leaving many forums with worthless threads. I was one of them that shut down my account but I hated using Photobucket to post pictures so it didn't cause me too many problems.

I bookmarked this page knowing that I would need it this winter to do my boost reference system and now when I need it the most, the linked photos are gone and I'm sure they will never be back.

Tuner in Training
    I stand corrected. Google "Blurry Photobucket fix" and there is a bunch of Chrome extensions to fix it! yeah!

Potential Tuner
    Would love if this was updated, it's about 12 years old and none of what he says matches with newer version of program. I'm sure the idea is the same, but it just makes it harder to understand.