Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats going on..HELP

Advanced Tuner

Whats going on..HELP

Whats going on with my scanner or car??...i dont have any o2 info anymore and am getting all kinds of crazy ses codes after doing the mods listed below...and when i do get o2 values they are like 56 at idle....nothing works like it did before...when i open the number 4 histro to do a maf tune it comes up fine...but then when i start scanning it says it's not supported and wont show any info...then if i just want to see the table again i have to redownload the config file from hpt...(it's russ k's v6 config file)...but agian start to scan and bam it's gone...

1999 Silver GTP~HP Tuners~ZZP FS Intercooler~ZZP 78mm Billet Throttlebody~Coated Pacesetters~1.9 modified rockers~3.2MPS~#105 springs & retainers~PRJ fuel logs~2.5 off road DP~Ported & Polished S/C~JMB fwi ~Wrapped crossover~160* T-Stat~

everything worked fine before the mods and i have done a maf tune with that same config file and it worked fine also...i also got an incorrect gear ratio ses code and the damn thing wouldnt shift right...cleared and it hasent come back yet....look at the dtc's...the o2 values...somethins wrong...and i dont understand it

Advanced Tuner
    any one?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Looks like your o2 sensor might be on its last leg.

#4 STFT vs. VE table histogram works fine for me.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    i needed to us the maf output vs. frequency for the x axis on the #4....it works fine for me too...untill i start to scan then it says its unsuported

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Without posting the config you are attempting to use its impossible for me to tell you why its not functioning properly.

Advanced Tuner
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17342

post 15 the config is attached...so do you think it is safe to buy another 02? just dont want to wast any money....and again in the config file i have changed the x axis to maf vs. output frequency so i could do a maf tune.I have used this before to do one but now its not working

1 more question...i was scanning a minute ago and the o2 mv were showing up on the chart display but not the gauge display...please help me as i am very frustrated.thnaks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by TDCRacing
    1 more question...i was scanning a minute ago and the o2 mv were showing up on the chart display but not the gauge display...please help me as i am very frustrated.thnaks
    Its because you are using a sensor in the gauge display & a pid in the sensor display, neither being compatible with each other so one will show one thing while the other shows the other. Make sure they are the same & they will show up the same

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    #4 histogram in the #15 post works fine for me

However its not setup as a maf histo in any way.

Advanced Tuner
    do you have a config file to give me that would work for a maf tune?....

Advanced Tuner
    and why is it throwing a p0121 code- insufficent tps activity? bigger tb? how do i fix this?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    do you have a config file to give me that would work for a maf tune?....
    Have you looked at the config & histogram sticky in the V6 section?

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9330

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    and why is it throwing a p0121 code- insufficent tps activity? bigger tb? how do i fix this?
    Might have something to do with your map sensor reading 99kpa all the time.

Advanced Tuner
    vacume leak...fixed that and it went away.....are you pretty certain it is the o2 sensor that is bad...i just bought a bosh but havent put it in yet....it seems to be fluctuating more at idle but still doesnt seem to be going into closed loop because at wot they are still fluctuating
    Last edited by TDCRacing; 05-14-2008 at 04:39 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    when i go under fuel trims the three choices that i have wich are fuel trim cell, long term fuel trim bank one,short term fuel trim bank one....are all red....and that is with any config file i open....Whats wrong???.. think this is what my problem has been

Advanced Tuner
    bill....with the gtpmaftune.cfg file that was on the link that you provided to me above...when i load that onto the scanner and get in the car....turn the key to the run position...(car not running)...click on the maf histro (#8) that you have on the histro chart...and hit the scan button...the screen goes from the maf histro table to the ...''parameters are unsuported'' screen....what do i do?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    bill....with the gtpmaftune.cfg file that was on the link that you provided to me above...when i load that onto the scanner and get in the car....turn the key to the run position...(car not running)...click on the maf histro (#8) that you have on the histro chart...and hit the scan button...the screen goes from the maf histro table to the ...''parameters are unsuported'' screen....what do i do?
    Please try one of the pre defined config files that has been posted already http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9330 to get you up and running, from there you can modify it in any way you choose.

Advanced Tuner
    sorry i dont understand what your saying,I folowed the same link that you gave me (2 times now) and downloaded the config file that you posted up for maf tuning and what i was explaining in the post i made above,is what is happing to me now...From what i got from the post you just made was telling me to do what i have already done.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sorry i dont understand what your saying,I folowed the same link that you gave me (2 times now) and downloaded the config file that you posted up for maf tuning and what i was explaining in the post i made above,is what is happing to me now...From what i got from the post you just made was telling me to do what i have already done.
    Let me guess, you don't have a wideband running into our scanner software correct? Thats why an afr error histogram doesn't work

Advanced Tuner
    correct...no wideband...All i am trying to do is to do a maf tune. Thats it. So I would need the MAF LTFT+STFT histro correct? I have used one before on my scanner and on this car....but that one wont work anymore....neither will any other one i try to set up.

Also tried it this way

1. Pick an empty histogram number in the Histogram Display
    2. Select Configure Histograms (the button with the tools icon)
    3. Fill in the Name with something like MAF LTFTs
    4. Click next to the PID: label
    5. Select Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1 under Fuel System > Fuel Trims from the list and close list
    6. Set Units to % and Decimals to 0
    7. Type ([SENS.121]>14.6) AND (([PID.6310] < 1) OR ([PID.6310] > 1)) into the Plot Filtering field. (You can also change the 14.6 to 10.0 if you want to see trims while in PE)
    8. Under X Header click next to Table: and select MAF Airflow vs. Output Frequency Close table list
    9. Save the Histogram and close the Configuration window.

This histogram will now show LTFT's for each cell of MAF Hz. This makes it really easy to adjust the MAF table.

When i did it like this when i went to choose the fuel trim tabs everything was red under that tab as stated in my previouse posts.Everytime i try to set one up...the histro and linier table is fine...all info is there...but as soon as i hit the scan button it gives me the error message

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    When i did it like this when i went to choose the fuel trim tabs everything was red under that tab as stated in my previouse posts.Everytime i try to set one up...the histro and linier table is fine...all info is there...but as soon as i hit the scan button it gives me the error message
    If it gives you an unsupported error message it means you are not logging one of the PID's needed to make the histogram work. In the case where you tried to use the histogram I created for my GTP you weren't logging a wideband source so the histogram was broken. You need to figure out which PID you are missing and then log it.