Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats going on..HELP

Advanced Tuner
    bill look at this scan....brand new o2 sensor... what else could be the problem?

The old o2 wasent reading anything...and no ses light...seems like it would have thrown one
    Last edited by TDCRacing; 05-16-2008 at 03:58 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    02 looks fine in this log.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    not at wot...there at 76...74...82...ect...low numbers...i'd be blowing stuff up anything under 600mv

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by TDCRacing
    not at wot...there at 76...74...82...ect...low numbers...i'd be blowing stuff up anything under 600mv
    That doesn't mean your NB is off or not functioning.

What is your wideband verified afr at wot at?

Advanced Tuner
    i dont have a wideband

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Then that is a problem on a modified vehicle with a blower & a good amount of modifications. I would assume you are lean & very close to hurting something internally.

Advanced Tuner
    were you wanting me to find out my pe enable afr?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    your commanded afr means very little in the grand scheme of things.

Advanced Tuner
    So your saying that nothing is wrong with my nb o2 correct? So what it's readding so lean it's not giving accurate info? What wb WOULD YOU GET ...i trust you and will be ordering that one momentairly...and can i use it with the hpt version that doesent have the inputs for the wb? or will it not be doing me any good unless i upgrade the hpt also?

Thanks for your time.

The only question i have really not have answered on here is WHY my nb is showing numbers that low...i have never seen that before on my car at wot

Advanced Tuner
    What size injectors are you running? I would guess your running pretty lean.

Have you tried adding fuel? What did that do?
    -Eddie

1998 GTP - 3.4 [3.2] [3.0] MPS - custom CAI - F.1 Ram Air hood - XP Cam - Ported Heads - 1.84/1.60 Si valves - 1.6 HS Roller Rockers - 72mm Ported TB - LQ4 MAF - 42.5# Lucas Injectors - Pacesetters
    1/4 PB - 13.025 @ 106.81 MPH w/ 2.069 60'
    2021 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8 Baby Duramax

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the reply eddie. I was told that a 3.0 or under would require bigger injectors.I have a 3.2 pulley.Tried adding fuel using what the maf table? yes...I added .3 and i added .6 on 2 different tunes.I didnt pay attention because i really wasent sure if that was the right way to increase fueling. But i figured with the bigger tb that the maf table would need to be increased. I realize that by raising the maf table that it is telling the pcm that more air is being taken in...thus more fuel correct?...is that the proper way to do it? what about the numbers that i used to increase it by?to much to little??

Advanced Tuner
    increased the maf table and o2's came back but they were lean...i'm still working on getting it just right but i am verry close...o2's at about 910 right now at most of the rpm range...some of the rpm range im at 860-890.so still a little lean

So just so everyone knows the reason why my o2's were at 76-86 is because i was running very lean and the nb wasent reading the correct numbers....thats all i wanted to know.And i also wanted toknow how to fix it the best i could for now....so thanks for everyone's help