Thread: Same .cfg file different results Vista v. XP

Potential Tuner

Same .cfg file different results Vista v. XP

Looking for some assistance. I use the attached .cfg file on XP and I can scan the user defined parameters / EIO no problem. When I scan with my new laptop running Vista it says the user defined parameters are unsupported, like it cannot accept the signal through the EIO. I am running 2.X on Vista and 2.2 on XP.

I can play the logs back on Vista fine with the config, but when the laptop is attached it says that parameter is unsupported.

Thanks,
    JMB

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you create user defined parameters on one pc you need to sync up your user defined parameters onto the other pc as well. Usually, simply making sure you have the same VCM Scanner.cfg files on both pc's is enough to accomplish this.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I carry all my data on a comapct flash drive. I'll try putting it on the hard drive next time I go to the track. Thanks.

Unsupported Knock Retard Parameter after updating software and using new laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    If you create user defined parameters on one pc you need to sync up your user defined parameters onto the other pc as well. Usually, simply making sure you have the same VCM Scanner.cfg files on both pc's is enough to accomplish this.
    I have a similar problem. I installed VCM Suite on the CD that came with my scanner interface. It was a beta version. That laptop is on its last leg and I have installed recent versions on 2 other laptops. Anything I tune and scan as a new vehicle will log Knock Retard, but If I log a vehicle tuned by the older beta software, it will show as "Unsupported" on the new software and laptops in the table. I can use the old laptop with beta version and it will show and log knock retard. Any suggestions?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandong007 View Post
    I have a similar problem. I installed VCM Suite on the CD that came with my scanner interface. It was a beta version. That laptop is on its last leg and I have installed recent versions on 2 other laptops. Anything I tune and scan as a new vehicle will log Knock Retard, but If I log a vehicle tuned by the older beta software, it will show as "Unsupported" on the new software and laptops in the table. I can use the old laptop with beta version and it will show and log knock retard. Any suggestions?
    Email support
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"