Thread: Cam bucking on decelleration

Tuner in Training

Cam bucking on decelleration

anyone have issues with bucking on decelleration. This happens to me when I am approaching a red light and she bucks hard. The only way to stop it is to go in N. Any ideas where to start?

Advanced Tuner

Re: Cam bucking on decelleration

Change your DFCO boundaries and your LTFT boundaries. The first LTFT boundary should be just above idle MAP and raise your DFCO 5MAP and RPM should be around 1300RPM exit

Advanced Tuner

Re: Cam bucking on decelleration

Compare your Idle Adaptive Spark Control Underspeed and Overspeed to later year models. Zero out everything over 300rpms. Your Underspeed table is probably screwed up, because I don't think HPTuners has fixed it yet. The axis is reversed, so remember that when you remove anything. It will look like you are removing everything under 825rpms. Also compare your Idle Integral, Proportional, and Derivative airflows to later years. Similar changes need to be made there. It is a 98 thing I think that was corrected in later years. It made a BIG difference in my decel.
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6: SLP Lid, Adj. Panhard, SFCs, CAGS!, Hotcam, Hooker Shorties, Katech Tensioner, Catback with Dynomax 17221 3\" Muffler, Mobil-1, Bosch +4s, 160 Stat, !EGR, !MAFless, !FRA, S3 TB