Thread: right with PE tun

right with PE tun

Hi again,

after i tun my LTFT and my MAF calibration i need to start tun PE .

As i understand for PE tune i have to try to set the O2 Volts to 890-900.

AFR should near to 13 = Lambda 0.83

That can be done by the PE Fuelmultiplier vs RPM. It have to be done carefully.
    So i have build a Excel sheet (two tabs :Scan/Need) with this information and build a Diagramm for Lambda , fill it with scan and tune Data.
    it´s very curve.
    I change the EQ multiplier to the value i need (sec Tab) .

Is this the right way ??

Thanks a lot again

Marcel

Advanced Tuner
    The stock narrow band sensors arent that accurate for wide open throttle tuning. Its best to get a wideband for that part of tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS
    The stock narrow band sensors arent that accurate for wide open throttle tuning. Its best to get a wideband for that part of tuning.

thanks, i know, but i have no WB.

I want to start with the stock sensors, maybe later with WB

Marcel

me no likey..... get a WB02

NB02's switchpoints are whats regulated by the industry, any point above or below this "switch" is almost like static. Your taking a huge risk to tune PE w/out a WB...

We all know that you shouldn't be tuning with narrow bands but if you are all you have to do is use Excel (or a custom histogram in the HPT scanner) that tells you how far off (in %) you are from a desired O2 mV. So if you want to target 890 mV then just plot the actual mV against the RPM and divide 890 by those values. So if you're at 920 mV at 3000 RPM then 890/920 =.967 so just multiply the PE at the 3000 RPM point by .967. do this across the RPM range a few times and it should start to fall in line. Just don't be surprised when you hook up a wide band and it doesn't jive.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game