Thread: Alot of KR and High LTFT

Alot of KR and High LTFT

I've Fighting this for a while now I'm running 90 octane walbro pump, new fuel pressure regulator, and still with a little bit of a load I get alot of kr and my trims are really high, but at a idle they're fine. take a look and tell me what you think.

Is Stoich afr supposed to be 14.95ish in the 5.3?

I haven't been tuning for long, so I don't know a lot, and your VE tables and spark are quite different from my LS1 tables.

My understanding is that you should have the VE table values peak where you get peak tq, and then roll off after that which gets you up to your peak hp.

Take a look at a couple of the sticky posts from Chris/Bill/Keith@HPtuners and you can get some ideas of a good table. There are some examples in the VCM Editor help file too if you search in there. It seems odd to me that your spark and VE tables look the way they do...much unlike mine. Like I said, I don't know enough to say if it is supposed to be that different, but we both have a V8, so I don't think it should be that different.

My brother(MMGT1) has been doing this much longer and has delved much deeper into the insanity, so I get most of my info from him.
    2002 Trans Am Firehawk Canadian #C029
    SLP DD Bolt-on Subframe Connectors; SLP Loudmouth Exhaust; SLP Bellows; Hotchkis Strut Brace; Powerslot rotors and Hawk Performance Brake Pads; Lou's Short Stick; !TCS; !CAGS; HP Tuners Programming

I changer the A/F to get better mpg, I almost think I get less kr with it like that. those are my stock VE tables too

Advanced Tuner
    You need to tune your VE and MAF to get your fuel trims in line. Follow one of the tuning stickies and get your VE and MAF tuned. Any idea what your fuel pressure is? Does it drop at all under load if you do know what it is?

04 Sierra Denali,370,S485B, Built 4L80E, 3barOLSD, E85

its about 56psi and when I give it gas it goes up to about 64psi, but I don't know what it is with a real load on it

how can my ve tables be so high yet my fuel trims +20