Thread: 2008 and up Viper Tuning VENOM

Tuner

2008 and up Viper Tuning VENOM

Dodge did not make a Viper in 2007 due to the legacy JTEC+ engine controller and Viper motor not being able to pass certain emissions criteria. They came out with a completely new engine and engine controller (VENOM) to meet CARB/EPA specs. The new engine has cam in cam, dual throttle bodies, dual drive by wire, dual mass air flow meters (this is a first for domestic Chrysler vehicles which have always been speed density.) The problem is, you can do almost NOTHING to these cars without putting them into limp mode. A large majority of Viper owners modify their vehicles, with these new vehicles you cannot. No one has any tuning options for these that I know of. Even if one of the two other major tuning companies provides tuning tools for these, I doubt they will be a viable tuning option assuming that these are as, if not more complicated than the newest GM ecu's. I would say you may want to look at these very seriously. A major supercharger company laughed at me when I suggested they make a blower kit for the Viper back in 2000. A few years later the Viper blower kit was their biggest seller for two years in a row !

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Got any VENOM pcm's lying around you'd be willing to part with for a once over?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    This is a nice little write up about the new engine and engine controller. I read somewhere that Motorola and Zytek were also involved with the ecu development.

http://www.autofieldguide.com/articles/040704.html

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

Tuner
    Wait a second, Continental AG = Motorola, it appears that Motorola sold their automotive division to Continental, interesting.

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=3&gl=us

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com