Thread: LS3 PE table is ruler flat, but log shows AFR steps

Question LS3 PE table is ruler flat, but log shows AFR steps

It's hard to get started when even simple things don't work the way you expect. I set my E38 Eq Ratio to be 1.12 in every cell, then went out for a test drive to log 3rd gear WOT from 1000 rpm to 6600. The resulting log shows two steps in commanded AFR. Both IAT and ECT were nearly constant during the pull.

How do I get rid of the steps?

Asked another way, how do I force the commanded AFR to be what I want?

BTW, I'm thinking the small offset between commanded and measured AFR is because I forgot to disable the fuel trims and had +4% during the pull, which is about the same size as the AFR error.

Tuner screen shot:

Log screen shot:

Jeff

Tuner

There are several places to look

That chart almost looks like you could have gotten COT and got more fuel in that way.

I'm using the same table and mine stays exactly were I tell it to stay. Mine loves some extra fuel low to mid-range. After that it is right on 13.1 to 1.

Good luck!
    Warp 10 Always

Thanks for the suggestion - that makes sense. I'll kill COT and try another log. So far my measured AFR has been in the 12.5 neighborhood even with a flat eq of 1.12. Once I get measured AFR close to commanded, I'll work on adjusting PE on the dyno.

Jeff