Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bigger Throttle Body...Tranny not shifting right

Quote Originally Posted by TDCRacing
    You know when i first installed it when i would let off of the gas compleatly....it would say 1-2% tps...that went away and it's fine now. my mass air flow table was very very rocky and that seems to be what was causing it.
    Hey there, I have the exact same problem that you have here. I mean exact, slipping, hard bang into gear, new throttle body. Now i ask if you were ever able to figure that out or not? Its really tickin' me off, because i got a shift kit assuming that would fix the problem... it didn't. It shifts to 3rd perfectly, and 3/4 throttle 1-2 shift is spot on, but as soon as i give it 100% it slips, then grabs hard and chirps the tires... If you figured it out and can give me some tips i would be at your mercy lol!! Thanks in advance!!!!

Tuner
    When you changed the TB, the air flow changed, that has to be re-calibrated first. The VCM doesn't know that, it is still working on the old parameters. More flow=leaner A/F, since every thing changed when you changed the TB, that would seem to be the first thing to look at IMO.