Thread: Simple question I hope

Tuner

Simple question I hope

If i have a license for 00-01' grand prix, that means I can tune an umlimited amount of those make, model, years, correct??? Do I simply download the stock bin and change pids at that point, or can I upload a previous bin from another same MMY and then simply change the vin to burn the new bin?? Or is that too simple.
    I'm thinking about doing some duramax tuning also and purchasing licenses for the 01-08' and just want to make sure I can do it that way. It would be so much easier to download a previously hyperteched tune and upload to the next vehicle. Make sense?
    TIA - Jody
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    One license per vin# or one license per car until you have bought a total of 3 licenses for the same model year vehicles

Tuner
    So can you explain? EG: How many licenses would I need to do unlimited 05' duramax?
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye55
    One license per vin# or one license per car until you have bought a total of 3 licenses for the same model year vehicles
    Thats not entirely true, he CAN license 2 year models of 00 & 01 Grand prix for just 8 credits. He doesn't NEED to do single vcm licenses by any means.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    So I guess it's not exactly clear to me yet. Once again, if I wanted to do unlimited 05' duramax or unlimited 08' duramax, how many licenses would I need for each year???
    What I'm understanding so far is that I can only do one vehicle, or vin, per license? So having a license for a 00' GP doesn't mean I can do any 00' GP, just mine? I cant even tune my wifes 00' gp then, huh, without another license.
    Last edited by 00GTP; 05-22-2008 at 02:52 PM.

Tuner
    Okay, now I think I read enough to know. 6 credits per year will get me unlimited MY, correct?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 00GTP
    Okay, now I think I read enough to know. 6 credits per year will get me unlimited MY, correct?
    Correct so, for instance, to tune ALL 08 6.6 Duramax Silverados & Sierra's would be 6 credits.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 00GTP
    So I guess it's not exactly clear to me yet. Once again, if I wanted to do unlimited 05' duramax or unlimited 08' duramax, how many licenses would I need for each year???
    What I'm understanding so far is that I can only do one vehicle, or vin, per license? So having a license for a 00' GP doesn't mean I can do any 00' GP, just mine? I cant even tune my wifes 00' gp then, huh, without another license.
    There are 3 different ways you can license Grand prix

Tunershop-70 credits and you'll be able to do any year V6 Grand prix as well as dozens if not hundreds of other V6 vehicles

Year/model-4 credits per year which means for 4 credits you can tune an unlimited amount of 00' Grand Prix V6's

Single VCM-2 credits for one pcm(we lock to the serial number in the pcm NOT the vin number)

Advanced Tuner
    Yes what they said. I didn't even think about all the different credit options. Glad these guys chimed in and got you on track. Good luck

Tuner in Training
    remember too that some vehicles take more credits to unlock years, some are 6, 8, 12, etc.

Tuner
    I believe I see the light now. Thanks gentlemen!!!!!!!!!