Thread: e67 PCM owners - is this table normal? 2007 TBSS Pentium90 bug?

e67 PCM owners - is this table normal? 2007 TBSS Pentium90 bug?

Does anyone have other than zero values in the Idle Proportional Airflow vs. RPM Error: coastdown table from -256 through the -64 RPM?

comparing these values to my 2006 stock tune it looks like these got left out as a zero in the 2007.

pic with tables labeled: Transition, normal, and coastdown are from the 2007

I would like the proper values if anyone has them, from a 2008 TBSS or other application with an LS2 and this PCM.

Referencing the idle won't back off issue I have...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17291

Tuner
    Have this same issue with an 07. First couple times I drove it I said there's no problem. Then I was left the truck to drive all day, low and behold.....WTF is that...Told him if I ever find somthing out I'll reprogram it. Plus he can't leave the truck for me to play with. It doesn't bother him to complain to me about it so I just haven't done anything. It is a weird feeling though when hitting the brakes and it wants to keep going.

Here is the 08 TBSS settings.

Solution to the idle/throttle will not back off issue.

"When I say Whoa, I mean WHOA!" Solution to the idle/throttle will not back off issue.

Change two tables. This applies to 2007 TBSS, other years are slightly different.
    Main difference is by cutting down the Final Idle Airflow Minimum vs. RPM vs. Gear.

Table #1 to change: Final Idle Airflow Minimum vs. RPM vs. Gear (This could use further reduction around 2000 RPM in 2nd gear - but works well enough now.)

Yes this looks nasty on a curve, but it works, the problem is at 1200RPM on up. I cut the entire table and the engine would start to stall at times hitting 535 RPM and having the throttle opened by the stall saver program. So I put in stock values in the idle speed area and smoothed out up to 1000 RPM. Then I broke the kneecaps out of any throttle idle air over 1000 RPM.

Whack the entire table above 600 RPM by 40%. (Select all values and multiply by .6 )
    Use 6.30 for the 800 and 1000 RPM rows.

Table #2 Idle Proportional Airflow vs. RPM Error:

Get rid of the zero values in the Idle Proportional Airflow vs. RPM Error: coastdown table from -256 through the -64 RPM

Copy the normal table from -256 to -64 and paste to the Coastdown table.
    Select -256 and make it 2. then multiply that value by -1 to make it negative. (I tested -1.5996 and it wasn't enough.) Do not put a "-2" in the other -256 tables like I tried. It will cause your LTFT's to go -17 the second the throttle snaps closed.

This will allow the throttle to snap closed with your foot input. No hang at 1200 RPM and slow down to idle when the PCM feels like it. Rev it in neutral and watch the RPM drop back to 650 RPM immediately.

Test this out by slowing down from 40 MPH in 2nd gear on a slight hill. DFCO will end about 22 MPH and give you a slight bump before finishing the slowdown. Without this 'fix' you will hit 2K RPM and the engine will start to take off. Neutral drop and you get 2K RPM till you stop or 30 seconds pass. With the fix the RPM will drop immediately when shifted to Neutral.

Side effects: You get a driveline 'clunk' when going from no throttle to applying throttle. From engine dragging you down to hitting the other side as you accelerate. Perhaps this clunk elimination is why these tables are so tilted to keeping some engine power on?

If anyone has a better idea I am all ears!

Old thread, but so far my searching has been in vain.

I do not like the bump in rpm to 2500 between shifts, at least when I'm driving easy. Trans is an M6

The above procedure would kill the idle tuning I just performed. What I would like to do is decrease the time the idle bumps and reduce it to say 1500 rpm. But I have no idea what tables will accomplish this, or if there is a reason why I should not do this.

I'm using the GMPP E67 ECU

For some reason I cant upload the tune.

2008 L92, LS3 intake & TB, LS7 cam.

Baseline: 421 hp 393 tq