Thread: Confused Noob?

Confused Noob?

Well, when I bought my car it ran great accept it would buck at WOT. I bought a predator and used its tune and problem was gone. I just got hp tuners, so I restored stock tune from predator to use hp tuners. The only thing I have changed is the cooling fan temp settings for the 160 thermostat and deleted the rear o2s. Car runs great but obviously has the WOT bucking problem back.
    Its a 2000 TA /A4 /Edelbrock shorty headers /SLP Loudmouth Exhaust/Lid /160 Stat
    Not sure what to do or where to start, as I am totally new to tuning. Should I put the predator tune back in and use hp tuners from there? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

2000 Trans Am A4

Advanced Tuner
    Make sure you trouble shoot everything mechanical first. Fuel pump, plugs, cats and so forth. Then in the mean time read up on the forum about how to set up your HP tuners scanner so you can see what is going on. Most importanly READ and Read and Read! Best of luck.

Since it's all MAF over 4K rpm, load the the Predator tune and copy the MAF table. Then reload the stock table and paste the Predator MAF table in it. Tune from there. If this works, I drink (Guinness).
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Thanks for the replies. I checked all the mechanical and all is good. I'll try what you suggested Bill, then once I get my wideband in I'll try tuning the MAF from there. Thanks

2000 Trans Am A4