Thread: Transmission settings for 3.29 and northstar TB

Tuner

Transmission settings for 3.29 and northstar TB

When I got my car back from Dynotech they never really touched the WOT speed shifts for the 3.29 gear ratio. So pretty much I have the stock 2.93 speed shifts in my PCM. I wanted to know what people put into those tables for 3.29 gear ratios? I just notice that my car will only downshift one gear at WOT and sometimes doesn't even downshift which makes the car feel like a dog if I am in 3rd gear. Also ever since I had the northstar installed onto the car the shifts at WOT just don't feel anywhere quick/tight like they used too. I have a feeling I need to increase line pressure but I don't know how high and at what part of the charts I do that. I did increase the line pressure over stock and the upper parts of the chart to 96 psi however it feels about the same. But this is up in the 500lbs+ range. should I raise the lower parts of the charts to 96 psi?

I am going to the track soon and I just want to make sure my transmission settings are the best they can be. Also what should I have my Desired shift times at in performance mode for my transmission with the mild shift kit installed from Dynotech.
    2000 Buick Regal GSE Ported Gen III SC with 3.0” Pulley, Northstar TB, ZZP Ported LIM, ZZP Stage III IC, Comp VS Cam, Comp 105 Springs, Viton Valve Seals, 42.5 Injectors, PRJ Gen II Fuel Rails and Racetronix Fuel Pump with HD Harness, TOG Headers with 3” Catted Downpipe, ZZP 3” Dual Stainless Cat-back, Dynotech Stage II Trans, 3.29 Final Drive, 2750 stall converter, GTP Engine Cradle Mounts, Front Motor Mounts Spun 90*, JMB 4” FWI, Autolite 104’s, 180* stat, GMPP Handing Kit, Moog Endlinks.

Tuner in Training
    Mine has 3.29 gears on a zzp flash, I have a post in the v6 tunning with a attachment to my tune. Now I dont have the slightest bit of knowledge as to weather or not this can help you or not, Im tuning challanged. But I hope maybe it will. The flash is for a 2001 grand prix GT

not sure how to upload pictures in here but heres a freeze frame on my shift's

http://www.putfile.com/pic/8273237 you might have to enlargen it to read it
    heres the WOT shift vs speed table http://www.putfile.com/pic/8273241 again you will have to probobly enlargen it to see it (right hand side under picture). Hope this helps
    Last edited by 01gpgt01; 06-08-2008 at 10:32 PM.