Thread: wideband without pro interface

Tuner in Training

wideband without pro interface

hey guys,

well i found the write up on tuning with a wideband, but it talks about logging the wideband with the pro interface, i have the standard interface, i wasnt really planning on moving to a wideband- now that i bought my lc1, i dont have the money to upgrade my interface

whats the best way to use the LC1 logworks with the HPtuners scanner? is there a way to do this accuratly enough untill i upgrade to the pro?

Advanced Tuner
    As far as I know their is no way at all to put your wideband info into the hptuners scanner without the pro version.

Tuner
    You can using another 5 volt signal that your pcm reads. For instance the a/c pressure signal or something like that. Some of the other more experienced guys on here can help you with it. I plan on using the a/c pressure signal on my gto. Basically you can set the scanner up to read the sensor but instead of actually reading that sensor you splice the wire into your wideband output wire. Then you set up a histogram for it.

2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    Thanks alot!! Are PID.7107 and SENS.120, SENS.121 the same for an 05 GTO.

Where are you getting the numbers from?

Tuner
    Ok I got my scanner up and running. I had some trouble getting my wideband to read on the table display but that was due to a typo in the filter. What I am wondering is since I had to change my filter on my lc-1 afr user defined pid to ([PID.7101]/.5)+10.15 instead of ([PID.7101]/.5)+10 to make the reading on the scanner match my wideband display....do I need to change the filter on my AFR%error to 100*((([PID.7101]/.5)+10.15)-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121] instead of 100*((([PID.7101]/.5)+10)-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Last edited by redgto4u; 06-30-2008 at 11:27 PM. Reason: need to add .cfg

Yes, it needs to be changed in both.

BTW, user defined PIDs are kept in the VCM Scanner.cfg file. Someone opening the above config file won't see your custom PIDs.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    Yes, it needs to be changed in both.

BTW, user defined PIDs are kept in the VCM Scanner.cfg file. Someone opening the above config file won't see your custom PIDs.
    Wow...you learn something new everyday!! Here's a look at the config file if anyone wants to take a lookie and see if I am missing anything.

Tuner in Training
    I kinda feel like I wasted some money, but in the long run I don't think so because I won't have to chase down that wire in every different vehicle I tune.

Yea, if you're tuning multiple vehicles it's not nearly as convenient.
    Bill Winters

Tuner
    Ok I just realized something very important AFTER tuning my ve and maf tables. My scanner and lc-1 dynotune wideband display do not always match each other!! For instance, at 14.7:1 my display and scanner match. However the richer my wideband display reads the further away the scanner gets. At 12.0:1 on my display, the scanner is reading 12.8:1. At 12.5:1 on my display the scanner reads about 13.2:1. I found this out when making some wot pulls after tuning my ve/maf tables according to my scanner which is WRONG. What I noticed is that the scanner was saying is that my afr error is pretty close when in actuality it is a bit rich. Plus, now my car runs like ass.

How do I fix this problem? Is it something in the scanner or something my analog out2 on the lc1 config??

How are you able to correlate the WB display and scanner. You can't just look at one and then quickly look at the other. Maybe if you were using Logworks and HPT at the same time and were able to somehow match them up, but not eyeballing it while going through the RPMs.

BTW, this isn't related to the original post. May want to start a new thread.
    Bill Winters

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Yea, if you're tuning multiple vehicles it's not nearly as convenient.
    If you're tuning multiple vehicles, you'd have to weld a new bung in each car right?? Not really related to the original topic, but I gotta know.
    Last edited by thunderkyss; 11-28-2008 at 01:31 PM.

You'd need to do that regardless of whether you were using HPT or not. Either that or use the narrow band bung.

The extra step you'd need to do if you didn't have the Pro/EIO version is you'd have to tap into each car's AC pressure or EGR circuit.
    Bill Winters

subscribing.
    2006 GTO A4
    230/242 .612/.612 114 LSA FTI L92 cam, PRC valve springs, Volant intake,3" Magnaflow custom exhaust, 160 t-stat, Powerbond underdrive pulley, Kooks 1 3/4 LTs, ported TB, 3600 Vigilante and offroad pipes.

Potential Tuner

Wiring in a LM-2 to the HP tunner Harness with an OBD II extention cable

Hello, I am very new to HP forum...starting today.
    I have read alot about wiring an 02 sensor in through either the A/C or EGR. All this is great info, but I will be working on several cars not just my own.
    I would like to have an OBD II extention harness and splice in for both these circuits and add plugs for my 02 analog in put. Is this possible, any ideas on this.
    Can I find a pin out for the MPVI in HP to splice in for this signal??
    Thank you, any help would be appreciated

You need the Pro interface
    Bill Winters