Thread: Help me RUSS K! zzp tcc surges in and out of o/d!

Tuner in Training

Help me RUSS K! zzp tcc surges in and out of o/d!

hello anybody who can help me. ive been trying to fix this problem for months and i cant figure out how. ever since installing my zzp 3000 stall it wonit lockup and stay locked up until i get my tranny heated up (180 degree range). even when it starts to lockup at this point it still pops out occasionially. i was told by zzp to adjust my force motor current table. problem is i dont know where to start with this. what pressure makes the clutch apply? i have a zzp input shaft and shift kit, 3000 stall, hardened 4th hub and 3.29 gears. thanks.

Have you slid your lockup & shift speeds around since your "stall install"? Is your car cammed? Misfires can call off or postpone a locked/lockup condition. I cant remember off the top of my head where you'd be on your force motor table so let Russ get you nailed down on that.

Tuner in Training
    i have the custom lockup tables from zzp. also changed the dc min and max to 60 and 100 respectably. ive included my current tune for a browse. the car is also turbocharged. no cam. and no misfires detected. wheres russ? lol. help me russ.

Post your stock tune.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    heres my stock tune russ.

I need to know the tire sizes. Any chance your getting an incorrect gear ratio code?

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    no im getting no codes. the tires are stock 16 inch rims on 225/60/R16's. they measure 25 3/4 end to end. what are you thinking on this russ?

Tuner in Training
    i also have the incorrect gear ratio code set to no error reported and no ses light. would the scanner still pick it up if its being set off?

Try this trans tune. You need to leave the sprocket ratio at the stock 1.121 & change the gear ratio to 3.69 when using Hp Tuners.
    Also leave the tire size alone when using stock size tires.

As for the injector flow rate table, it should be the same values at all kpa vacuum.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    thanks russ. ill give it a whirl and let u know how it works. i appreciate your help.
    Troy

Tuner in Training
    russ i flashed it and went for a drive. thing works like it should. converter locks hard. car feels peppier. all around amazing. even the whine is gone now. i couldnt be happier. thanks for all your help!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by L67s/c
    i also have the incorrect gear ratio code set to no error reported and no ses light. would the scanner still pick it up if its being set off?
    no error reported still forces the trans to max line pressure, produces heat FAST, what are your trans temps like? You need to correct that, when in 3rd gear your calculated ratio should be 1.00, if it isn't you have to adjust the vss pulses per trans rev.
    98 Buick GSX IS3 Heads/GenVblower/cammed/intercooled and stalled
    02 Collector Edition Trans Am WS6
    94 S-10 with Rancho 3" lift on 33's
    93 Typhoon
    07 Tahoe

Potential Tuner
    I am having the problem as well, i well be going about 70MPH and when i reduces speed it down shifts hard, like im not gettting full tourqe converter lockup, help plz

Senior Tuner
    I'm not sure what kind of car this is, but have you looked
    into misfire related unlocking? Scan for TCC_Mode?