Thread: Passlock Disable on Colorado / Canyon

Passlock Disable on Colorado / Canyon

Will Setting the VATS to disable in the System tab, totally disable the VATS system on these trucks. or is it more complicated than that. My friend is having problems with his Passlock system randomly cutting out and just wants to disable it. 2007 I5

Thanks
    Jason.

Tuner in Training
    I would love to know if that is the case ! Just got back from a 12hr road trip from hell with the passlock disabling the POS every 45 seconds or so for the first 10 min after I shut it off EVERY time ! If this is not possible,next step will be to wire in a permanent remote start bypass kit.

VATS disables the PCM from cutting fuel to the engine if the VATS signal should fail or be incorrect for whatever reason. It doesn't disable the security system on the vehicle, so if you have a key, lock or BCM or some other issue preventing the engine from starting or preventing the starter from engaging etc. It won't fix that.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    but you can disable the passlock in the pcm then hard wire the starter to the ignition switch or starter relay and eliminate the bcm from the crank circuit and no more problems

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
    but you can disable the passlock in the pcm then hard wire the starter to the ignition switch or starter relay and eliminate the bcm from the crank circuit and no more problems
    Is that done with one of those kits you see advertised
    that is specifically for disabling VATS by bypassing
    physical components of the security system?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    so if you have a key, lock or BCM or some other issue preventing the engine from starting or preventing the starter from engaging etc. It won't fix that.
    That brings up another question...how do you access the
    BCM to disable the security system altogether?

Can HP Tuners software access the BCM,
    or is this something that only a GM dealer can do?
    Last edited by Rockrz; 02-17-2009 at 09:47 PM.