Thread: Tune Help

Tune Help

hi there i own a 2002 camaro, i have been beating my head on the wall trying to figure this tunning thing out and it has been really hard to understanding it and trying to tune in my car....here are the scan and the tune im using and a copy of my stock tune to compare with and at the end of the scan i did a wot blast.... to tell you the truth i thought i should be pushing more out of this motor than what it says for ft lbs of tourque considering just stock it should be running 225..... expecially with the mods ive done.....here are the mods

pace setter headers, custome intake, ram air, throttle body spacer, 160* thermostat, msd coils, msd wires, bosch plugs, royal purple oil, k&n oil and air filter, manual fan switch(like that matters), and a jet performance air intake temperature senser(not sure if it helps or it hurts) and trying to computer tune it, and through the scan i only see like 183 tops... wtf.... oh it is an auto, it is a 2002 camaro. w/106,000 miles.... here is also the stock tune, to compare with.... wut are ur opinions, the oogy tune is the stock one, oogy 3 is the one that im tuning.

please help,
    thank u.

You have changed very little in the tune. Do you have a wide band?

no... not that i know of...

what do u suggest i do to make it better

and how

if you account for a 20% loss of torque due to the transmission then 225*.8=180 so those numbers are close to stock and that is only calculated Tq. I cant look at the scans or any thing since im at work but the first things I would do is get the LTFT+STFT close to -1 to 0 then move on to VE tuning.

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder

You will need to get a wide band O2 sensor and tune the MAF to get the fuel trims to Zero, They are not that far off now at -4. Your commanded AFR at WOT drops as low as 11.0:1 in 3rd gear. That will need to be leaned out some, since your not super charged, But you will need a wide band to do it. Then you need to Add some timing.

My 98 Firebird 3.8 with less mods, Pacesetter headers, 3" cat and cat back and a whisper lid, shows 280 ft lbs calculated trans toque on a good day, 260 on an average day.

ok so do u think u could help nd guid me to do this.... like the fuel trims nd the ve tuning?

o and were do u get the wide band?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Hapka
    o and were do u get the wide band?

Jegs or Summit racing or anywhere that sells high performance parts.

ok so do u think u could help nd guid me to do this.... like the fuel trims nd the ve tuning?
    Unless you changed the cam in your motor, I don't see a reason to do a VE Tune, But others on this board would tune the VE on a stock V6. For the MAF tune just follow Russ K's guide.

I already linked you to four tuning guides in one of your last posts. Did you not see this? This will help you get going.
    99GTP: Flowmasters, ZZP Power log & Ported rear, 9.5:1, Bored over .010, removed balance shaft, Dbl roller chain, Intense S1X, custom ported heads, 45#inj., 105lb springs, 1.7 rockers, A103's, 180-stat, Gen V swap, 97 Cadillac TB & Custom machined alum. spacer, 95 GTP Hood louvers
    97GTP: Stock engine, 95 GTP Hood louvers

O >< i didnt see it lol thank u,,, if i have any question i can ask right?

glanced at your tune, and I have a few questions.
    Why did you lower your low octane timing so much?
    Why do you want to blow up your engine? Setting park rpm cutoff to 6K is unnecessary.
    Your injector skew rate and flow rate don't seem correct. Go back and check the guides to properly learn to set these. Looks like you may have screwed these tables up
    Your rpm cutoff resume tables should be lower than your cuttoff for what should be obvious reasons.
    You should probably zero out your PE add vs rpm table to keep your AFR from jumping all over the place while your learning to dial it in.
    Last, why are you shifting 3rd to 4th at 1000RPM?
    Last edited by louvered97gtp; 06-15-2008 at 06:26 PM.
    99GTP: Flowmasters, ZZP Power log & Ported rear, 9.5:1, Bored over .010, removed balance shaft, Dbl roller chain, Intense S1X, custom ported heads, 45#inj., 105lb springs, 1.7 rockers, A103's, 180-stat, Gen V swap, 97 Cadillac TB & Custom machined alum. spacer, 95 GTP Hood louvers
    97GTP: Stock engine, 95 GTP Hood louvers

i started over with the tuns but the 1000 rpm 3>4 gears beilieve it or not thats stock... and so is the low octane timeing.

look... here is the stock tune.