Thread: Got a little ltft problem, please help!

Potential Tuner

Got a little ltft problem, please help!

Hello all,
    I have transplanted a 2000 trans am ls1 into my 52 chevrolet pickup. I took off the MAF (because there wasnt enough room) I put on hooker shorty headers, removed the egr system, no cats 2 1/2 exhaust, flo pro mufflers. thats it on the mods. I ran the scanner (drove approx 50 miles) and on average the ltft's were -13. I changed the values and ran it again around 50 miles. the ltft's were -16 this time. changed values again drove again and they are still running -10 average. WTF am I doing wrong???? It seems to run pretty good but something doesnt seem right. I am new to the tuning thing and just want to get it running right before i head out on an 1100 mile trip next month.

thanks in advance
    Short-Stack
    [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    heres the first scan

Potential Tuner
    second run

Potential Tuner
    second run cfg

Do you have the Intake Air Temp (IAT) sensor in the transplanted system?

The only thing I'm thinking is that since it doesn't know what the IAT temp is it is running rich because it is assuming it is cold out and staying in open loop.
    Last edited by radkon; 06-11-2008 at 11:16 AM.
    2004 Yellow M6
    HPT Pro, LM1, SVEDE, 85mm FAST Manifold, 85mm TB, TR224 112 Cam, TEA ported/milled 243 heads, SW LT headers, SW Custom Side Exhaust, King springs, Pedders shocks, Hotchkis sways, Pedders & ES Bushings, DBA rotors, Hawk/Axxis pads, Stoptech lines, shiftlight, AP Sideskirts, AP rear bumper, 05 hood, SAP grilles, Hoens, dual aeroforce gauges
    Stock 309.8 RWHP 330.7 RWTQ
    Now ? RWHP ? RWTQ
    1 of 1014

2017 Audi A5 2.0T Cabriolet (bone stock) Daily/winter driver

Potential Tuner
    crap......didnt even think about that. no i dont have the iat hooked up. I did a scan on my daily driver s-10 and it showed -38 all the way on the iat. i guess i need to check it too.
    thanks,
    Short-Stack