Thread: How does my tune look?

How does my tune look?

Hello everyone,

I would love some opinions. I am new to tuning, and learning a ton thanks to the HPT forum. I haven't played with any of the fueling properties, I need to be sure I know what I am doing and what all the specific tables mean before changing them.

This is my 2004 Silverado W.T. 4.3L V6 / 4L60E ... aftermarket parts consist of;

K&N FIPK
    CFM-Tech 74mm throttlebody
    Prestone high flow 180 degree thermostat
    JBA Cat4Ward shortie headers
    2.5" Y-pipe, no cats, single 3" exhaust.
    MSD 6a - MSD 8.5mm wires - NGK tr55 plugs - Accel coil
    stand alone electrics fans, not comp controlled.
    Nitrous Oxide Systems 75hp wet shot, single fogger
    4:10 rear gears, 30.5" tall wheels

Already with this tune, the truck performs far better than the hand held programmer I was using. I have not caught any spark knock retard with the VCM scanner, and I've been using this tune since 5/22 with over 800 miles on it.

Because the exhaust gets run thru the side of the bed, it is continuous cleaning and wiping down. But since this tune I've been getting an excess of black soot out the exhaust, which might tell me I am running pig rich. I do have a narrowband A/F gauge piggy backed on the B1S1 o2 sensor, and it fluctuates between rich & lean constantly but doesn't indicate that I am rich for any excess period of time. I have considered that the A/F guage might create false readings of the B1S1 to the comp, and someday soon I'll move the gauge from B1S1 to B1S2.

I the tuning gods, and would appreciate any and all feed back. See anything that needs to be changed? Please inform me!

Cheers ~Mykk
    Last edited by 04SilveradoMykk; 06-15-2008 at 06:35 PM.

Custom PCM Tuning in Hollywood Ca