Thread: Reading my VCM for the first time...

Potential Tuner

Reading my VCM for the first time...

Hey guys,

I just got my VCM Suite in the mail today, installed the software, and hooked it up to my VCM in my 69 Camaro with a 98 LS1/T56 combo. I put my key to the click just before starting it(Accessory), and try to read the VCM, and HPTuners tells me it can't find it?

Does the car have to be running/idling to read the VCM? The problem with that is I'm trying to remove my VATS so I can even start the car for more than a few seconds, so I can't do that...

Thanks for the help, and looking forward to helping others,
    -Adam

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    HP Tuners tells you it can't find what? The vcm? Can you post a screenshot of the error? If its saying it cannot find the vcm try this:

Connect your interface to your vehicles obd2 port but NOT your laptop, does the green power light illuminate?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I'll run outside and see exactly what it says, but I believe it's the VCM cannot be found.

I did notice that it will power on the MPVI(?) when it's just plugged to the VCM. I'll report back in a few minutes.

thanks again!
    -Adam

EDIT: Sorry guys! Turns out my ignition wire for the VCM wasn't wired into the steering column correctly, so it wasn't running when in the RUN position...sorry for a stupid question! VATS is out and it'll idle like a champ!!!
    Last edited by AALynch; 06-16-2008 at 09:14 PM.