Thread: First Scan! Lots of Questions!

First Scan! Lots of Questions!

First off, this is cool as hell!

Secondly, just got my software installed yesterday but had to go to work so I made a log on the way there just to see whats up.

- To start off, I have a wait4me tune...yea yea yea, all jokes aside it has been good for me until now. I downloaded a stock tune from the bin repository, but when I flashed it to the vcm to play with as a blank slate the truck wouldn't start. After some reading, do I need to do a VATS relearn? The security light has been on, even after flashing back to my inital program (which works fine). What about the VIN? Do I need to change the downloaded one to mine, or is that a non-issue?

- If you look at my attached log, you'll see as soon as I start moving my O2 sensors are going crazy. I have seen others' logs and theirs are much smoother.....whats up?

- At idle and decel, should the TPS be at 7-9 or 0?

- Is there anyway to easily list the maximum, minimum, and average values for the charted objects?

- How does it look overall? Anything glaringly wrong or out of place? Im 24 hours deep in this and having a great time, but I dont yet fully comprehend the big picture of what I'm looking at, but I'm getting there!

Vehicle:
    2004 chevy 5.3 LM7
    Pacesetter longtubes ORY
    Magnaflow muffler, 3" pipe
    S&B intake
    LS1 fans

thanks!

also, I couldnt upload the log with Avant which is the browser I use (IE -based), I had to use firefox...

ETC cars will have a positive throttle % when off the gas.

Your o2 sensors should switch like that, if they aren't, I would be worried.

In the histogram you can list the highest, lowest, last value, average, and cell count.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Ah, thanks a bunch, I found the + - A L C buttons for the histograms.

What is this? Is it the playback speed of the log?

I think so, I never mess with it.
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Are power inverters popular to use for tuning? The battery life on my laptop sucks....

I use one some times, but most of my tunes can be done within the life of the battery charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic
    Ah, thanks a bunch, I found the + - A L C buttons for the histograms.

What is this? Is it the playback speed of the log?

Yes, you can play back the log up to 10 times the speed it was recorded.

What about that security light? I tried all 3 modes of VATS (PWM, Serial, None) and none of them worked.

Here is a DTC list which I cant seem to clear the history of btw...

[PCM] P0103 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit High Frequency (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [Brake] C0226 - LF Wheel Speed Signal Missing (History)
    [Brake] C0222 - RF Wheel Speed Signal Missing (History)
    [Brake] C0238 - Wheel Speed Mismatch (History)
    [Unknown] B0283 - (History) (Immature) Electric Rear Defrost Circuit
    [Unknown] B1440 - (History) (Immature) Wiper Mode Select Switch Circuit Short To Battery
    [Unknown] B2550 - Storage Mode Entered (History) (Immature) LAMP DOME OUTPUT Circuit Short to Ground
    [Unknown] B2575 - (History) (Immature) Headlamp Control Circuit
    [Unknown] B2600 - (History) (Immature) Double Locking Door Motor Frozen
    [Unknown] B2610 - (History) (Immature) Passenger Compartment Dimming 1 Circuit
    [Unknown] B2615 - (History) (Current) (Immature) Passenger Compartment Dimming 2 Circuit
    [Unknown] B2752 - (History) (Immature) Horn Relay Coil Circuit Low
    [Unknown] B2948 - Security System Sensor Power CKT High (History) (Immature)
    [Unknown] B2961 - (History) (Current) (Immature) Key In Ignition Circuit Malfunction
    [Unknown] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    [Restraints] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    [HVAC] B3770 - (History) (Immature) HVAC Actuator Circuit

Continuous Tests
    Misfire: Complete
    Fuel System: Complete
    Comprehensive Component: Complete

Once Per Trip Tests
    Catalyst: Complete
    Heated Catalyst: n/a
    Evaporative System: Incomplete
    Secondary Air System: n/a
    A/C System Refrigerant: n/a
    Oxygen Sensor: Incomplete
    Oxygen Sensor Heater: Incomplete
    EGR System: n/a
    The p0103 is from me disabling the maf to tune the LTFTs. I replaced my brakes and interior lights recently, hence some of those, but the others I have no idea about...

Most of the codes are ABS or BCM codes and HPT will not clear those. The Continuous Tests are OBDII tests and are just what they say Continuous. The PCM is always testing for those. Once per trip tests are the same way but only self test once per trip. Those are what the emissions testing stations read and you pass the emissions test when they all show complete.

I read on here that a possible code could be the cause of the security light staying on, is this not my case?

All your "B" codes are from the Body Control Module and could cause the security light.

The light was not on before I flashed the pcm for the first time, even though those were all present. How do I clear those?

Seperate question, is it possible to continuously log? What I mean is, could I drive to work, be there for the day while my truck and laptop are off, then continue the logging I started in the morning on the way home instead of having to make two seperate logs?

You would need a scanner to clear those codes, I don't believe HPT will clear anything but PCM codes.

Once you stop the scan to continue you need to start another log.

Hmm, so since I cant make one big one, is there an easy way to integrate the data of the two logs?

Export it to Excel. But that might not work with all the tables, Just the histograms.