Thread: First scan with idle surging in gear

Tuner in Training

First scan with idle surging in gear

Hi, I got HPT a little while ago but havent had alot of time to mess with it. I have read as much I can about the basics of the program and feel less overwhelmed now lol.

I have a 98 Corvette that I bought several months back. It had a surge while stopped in gear and a somewhat rough idle. It would also surge when idling along in first gear at a slow speed. It doesnt die but its enough to partially unload the suspension when it dips down.

The guy I bought it from said it had a small cam in it but Im not sure I believe him because sometimes it smooths out and sounds fine. I attatched the stock tune from when I got the car. I then looked for some stock tunes to model after and ended up finding the Lou basic tune. I made a log of the car from cold startup til 190 ECT with only the June 19 Pre Lou tune. I tried most of the differences between my stock tune and the Lou file, but nothing really seemed to help and it got worse when I lowered the idle. The Stock Tq mgmt file is what I have loaded right now. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt