Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Support for 2007-08 SAAB 9-3 - 2.0L turbo?

Advanced Tuner
    Bill, you and I have chatted, but please add it to the list please. I've got an 06 and refuse to pay for a plug n play after having used HPtuners.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

Saab 2.0T info log

Bill, has anyone sent you the infolog you requested? I tried to do a read on a 2007 2.0T Saab but was not succesful. I got an "invalid security code" error and could not perform the read.

Cheers,
    VTuner

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah, got the info I need, not a currently supported pcm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Yeah, got the info I need, not a currently supported pcm.
    Hi Bill, if you have any information on the T8 ECU, mainly concerning reading and writing to the ECU, could you please forward it to me?

Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty288 View Post
    I'm putting in my vote, and many others from SaabCentral.com for this ECU to be tuned...

I've got a community behind me as i've got a GT-3071R in my garage, with all necessary hardware, 630cc injectors, 255lph pump, VulcanTurbo manifold, meth/water/nitro injection kit (snow) and many other goodies, but the only custom tuner is Nordic. Last time I checked they have to fly in from Sweden to tune the car, or send their one tuner (several states away) the basic runfile and then they tune it from there. However, that is the only custom tuner I know of for the T8. It's more identical to the LSJ, similarities to the GXP LNF. The custom aforementioned tune is about 1250 dollars. Otherwise we only have handheld canned tunes.

I've noticed since i've owned the car (about two years) That the community went from pretty much nothing, to every day people pushing the bar and doing what they shouldn't be able to do. I know if an accessible software was released for this ECU then people would be flocking to HPTuners, as we really don't have any custom solution to turn to.

I was reading through some other threads? You needed a picture of the ECU, and the guy posted up a picture of the fuel computer, so here's the ECU

I'm willing to do anything to my car for you guys to get the info you need.

Also, this ECU/Engine remains unchanged from 2003-2008
    first off this isnt the saabs ecu thats the abs unit controller. now for support it seems to be hard to crack these ecu's.. physicaly i hear if you crack one open the ecu shatters its self.. and outside of flashing the ecu gaining communication seems to be impossiable there is a guy who created a trionic 8 suite for the ecu but communication still does no seem to be possible. there seems to be a difference between the v6 turbos because they use a bosch system. in all honesty to get a better idea how to get connected to these ecus someone might have to address a big company that does the tuning like bsr or nordic. so i dont see support for these ecus untill some one cares enough... lol you could go out and just get a standalone if your that desperate

Tuner
    FWIW, the T8 software is available at

http://trionic.mobixs.eu/
    LS1 LS2 LS7 tuner, L98, LT1 & Haltec

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    It won't be any time in 09', try bumping it around the middle of 2010.
    slightly past middle of 2010 bump....any progress yet? have a 07 2.0T waiting for HPT support...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Nope, doubtful we'll be supporting these.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I am bringing this back from the dead as I just saw that Vtuner has offered some tuning options for the 2.8T v-6 models as well as now offers flash tuning for the 2.0T's.

I still wish I could use my HPtuners to tune my car, but alas, it is not the case.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

Potential Tuner
    If you want to support the T8 ECU just let me know, seed&key and encryption are in the open now.