Thread: unlockking a locked pcm who can do it

unlockking a locked pcm who can do it

i was just having a look in a friend's car the other day but he's pcm is locked buy another tuner any one in melb that can unlock it with out paying some outrages price

thank's sam

Tuner in Training
    my understanding is that the only one that locked it can unlock it. you need the original tuner to unlock it.
    2008 TBSS: stock
    2004 Z06: LS3(418ci.), Kenne Bell 2.8, TFS 235cc heads, YT rockers, 10:1 compression, cam 248/254 .622/.622 108 LSA, LS2 tb p/p, ARH 1 7/8 LT, high flow cats, 72# injectors....Coming soon blower cam, Dewitt's radiator, and pulley for 16psi

Might be cheaper to buy another PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by wildvu4u
    i was just having a look in a friend's car the other day but he's pcm is locked buy another tuner any one in melb that can unlock it with out paying some outrages price
    Reflashing to stock is another option.

--Brian

Quote Originally Posted by brianko
    Reflashing to stock is another option.

--Brian

Will not work on a tune locked PCM. Not even with a TECH II.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian442
    Will not work on a tune locked PCM. Not even with a TECH II.
    Sure it will. Do it all the time. (Don't use a Tech II, so maybe there's some limitations with that particular method.)

Sure it will. Do it all the time. (Don't use a Tech II, so maybe there's some limitations with that particular method.)

Only if your the tuner that locked it can you unlock it. Otherwise you can not read or write to a tuner locked PCM.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ght=locked+PCM

from the thread above,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    If locked properly neither our software OR a tech 2 will be able to access the pcm to read or write at all.
    Last edited by bigbrian442; 06-22-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Makes you wonder why GM doesn't lock them with the stock calibrations.

Only if your the tuner that locked it can you unlock it. Otherwise you can not read or write to a tuner locked PCM.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ght=locked+PCM

from the thread above,
    Did you read the thread?

If locked properly neither our software OR a tech 2 will be able to access the pcm to read or write at all.
    There is other software that can reflash to stock.

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you over this There are several ways to "lock" a PCM, and there are ways to reflash a locked PCM. The Tech II is rather limited in this area. Believe what you want. I'm just offering it up as the third option.

--Brian
    Last edited by brianko; 06-22-2008 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1
    Makes you wonder why GM doesn't lock them with the stock calibrations.
    They do. Some smart folks reverse-engineered the locking system. Just as some folks have been able to bypass tuner locks.

--Brian

Then enlighten us with your software.

Then enlighten us with your software.
    Be glad to...for stock tuning, I use an EASE J2534 pass-through programmer with the GM SPS software (TISWeb). Along with HPT, I use Lyndon Wester's programming software, and he has some PCM recovery utilities that are useful for flashing corrupted/locked PCMs. BTW, I've only been successful with recovering LS1-style PCMs. I haven't run into a situation that required unlocking an LS2-style PCM.

I also believe there are some other tuning packages (not HPT, obviously) that can read "locked" tunes. But I've not used them, and I really don't have an interest in reading or working with someone else's tuning.

--Brian

thank's all for your input. i will see if the ocal dealer can do it .they shouldnt be able to lock the pcm but every tuner want's to keep their tune "secret" but it stuff's up the new owner that buy's the car and want's to do more mod's to it and can not because it's locked and we all know car's dont stay in the same state they do all over the place shouldnt be done is my opinion .

Advanced Tuner
    Chipmaster in Perth W.A can unlock it but he charges for the service . You could also contact JezzaB on the LS1.com.au forum , i think he can unlock PCM's (i think he's in Melbourne too) .

Thank's will give them a call and see what they have to say will post with outcome

Be glad to...for stock tuning, I use an EASE J2534 pass-through programmer with the GM SPS software (TISWeb).
    Correct, tech 11 is limited but in passthrough mode you can reflash anything as the tech11 just becomes a doggle for tis2web.

sorry for the late reply in this matter my friend got on to jezza b and he swaped the pcm with a unlocked one cheep enough thank's for all your help everyone and input