Thread: Performance Shift switch update?

Tuner

Performance Shift switch update?

I found a bunch of old threads...what is the current word regarding this switch on VCM Suite?

Advanced Tuner
    could you be more specific? Are you talking about how or what it takes to do the performance button switch from a non-performance button equiped car?
    2004 GTO LS1~HP Tuners~AFX W/B~PRC 227 heads~.644/.598-231/234-111(TQV3)~Kooks 1 7/8 headers~Stock injectors~Fast 102 LSXR Intake~Fast 102 TB~CAI cold air intake~Yella Terra Roller Rockers~Fast Fuel Rails~

Dyno's are for sissy's, See you on the street.

Tuner
    I'm sorry, I guess I should have been more specific.

My car has this switch, and it's connected properly. It was functioning with my DHP tune, but after re-flashing with my HPT the switch no longer functions.

I copied my perf shift tables to the normal settings, but I would like the switch to function again. I was doing some reading, and from what I was seeing HPT was going to make this option available in a future release, but I never found a date.

So, with version 2.22, does this feature work yet?

Advanced Tuner
    it's cool man. what kind of car do you have?

cupple questions... by switch what do you mean? a performance shift switch that goes on the shifter?

by switching the functions what do you mean?

sorry i still dont understand what your trying to do
    2004 GTO LS1~HP Tuners~AFX W/B~PRC 227 heads~.644/.598-231/234-111(TQV3)~Kooks 1 7/8 headers~Stock injectors~Fast 102 LSXR Intake~Fast 102 TB~CAI cold air intake~Yella Terra Roller Rockers~Fast Fuel Rails~

Tuner
    It's a 1991 Cutlass Supreme Sedan with an L67. The switch is the performance switch, and I added it to enable the firmer shifting just like a factory GTP.

When I was running the off-the-shelf DHP PCM it worked just fine, but after I re-flashed with my HPT the first time, the switch no longer functioned. A couple of posts I found stated that the switch didn't function with the current version of VCM Suite (this was like 2007 or so), and that the performance switch "function" would be enabled in newer releases.

Some referred to this function as a "switch" that could be enabled or disabled in the VCM Suite software, effectively making the perf switch work or not work.

Advanced Tuner
    There is no switch in hpt to make this option work to my knowledge. I myself have a 1999 gtp with the performance shift option. Everything works fine for me. No issues at all. I have performance shift tables as well as normal and hot tables. I have tuned other gtp's and also have had no problems. Even a top swapped gt. So if they were working on maybe adding the tables...then thats done and everything works just fine.

Sorry it took me so long to figure out what you were talking about...I was just making sure we were on the same page.

Advanced Tuner
    @eclipse5302

What model/year and OS ID are you running?

The software switch/setting to enable this functionality is there in all of the calibrations from 97-03.. Just needs to be turned on again in the later years.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Tuner
    This is a 2002 GTP bin, and the OS ID is 12223462

Where is this "switch" in the VCM Suite?
    2007 Trailblazer SS - LS2 | S256sx + S256sx | E85 | Built 4L80-E
    1991 Olds Cutlass Supreme International Sedan - L67 | GT35R | E85 | Built 4T65-E HD | NO2

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry for the lack of clarity.. The bin in the calibration software is there in al years.. It is not yet mapped in the HPT software to allow us to change it.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Potential Tuner
    I have the same question. I have a 2002 GTP which I wired in the performance shift to work all the time when I had the DHP PCM. Now I've put in my stock 2002 computer and would like performance shift to work. Is there a way to "turn it on" or do I just copy the perfomance shift tables into the normal tables and be done with it?
    Sorry , I'm an HPT newbie and surely will have a lot of dumb questions but I do use search before asking

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bgn87 View Post
    I have the same question. I have a 2002 GTP which I wired in the performance shift to work all the time when I had the DHP PCM. Now I've put in my stock 2002 computer and would like performance shift to work. Is there a way to "turn it on" or do I just copy the perfomance shift tables into the normal tables and be done with it?
    Sorry , I'm an HPT newbie and surely will have a lot of dumb questions but I do use search before asking

There are three different performance and three different nonmal tansmission tables.

If you make the performance tables the same as the normal tables then you will see or feel no difference having the performance shift button on or off and it will pretty much be useless..

If you want the switch to function like it is suppose to you need to set all of the performance tables as suites you're need for ''performance mode'' (higher shift points ect ect. And then set all of the ''normal'' tables as suites your needs for ''normal mode'' ( stock settings ect ect)

Make sense?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bgn87 View Post
    Is there a way to "turn it on" or do I just copy the perfomance shift tables into the normal tables and be done with it?
    that will work if you want to be in performance all the time.

I did that on my wifes car , now whan I drive her car she doesnt say why are you turning that on when we pull up to a redlight because its always on
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)