Thread: Credit Application to Car

Credit Application to Car

I bought the upgrade a few months ago specifially for the 2-bar map. I finally got everything setup to apply the 2-bar and the system now says I have 0 credits. The two attachments are what I see when I try to download the tune. What did i do wrong?
    1999 Corvette
    Stroked LS2 402ci, Trickflo 225 Heads, Wiseco blower pistons, Callies H-Beam Rods TPI Headers, Random Cats, Borla exhaust, Kenny Bell supercharger with 10psi boost

Level 10 L460E tranmission, 315 rear gears, Bear brakes and Calipers

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    A quick check of your serial number in our database reveals you do not have any credits to license the 2 bar VCM enhancement which costs two credits which is probably why its saying you have 0 credits available.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 08-08-2008 at 09:53 AM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

My mistake I guess. I thought I got 6 credits when I purchased the upgrade to the new system. I received a key and applied it and it said six credits. Are these used for something else in the software?
    1999 Corvette
    Stroked LS2 402ci, Trickflo 225 Heads, Wiseco blower pistons, Callies H-Beam Rods TPI Headers, Random Cats, Borla exhaust, Kenny Bell supercharger with 10psi boost

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No, you have a 99 corvette year/model license which is worth 6 credits but you don't receive any extra free credits from us when upgrading. You simply get any licenses you had on your old interface.

OK, I bought the 2 credits and got the new key. I added the key and it showed 2 GM credits. I went to install the 2-bar tune and it popped up and said the !!ATTENTION!! thing and to make sure that I wanted to do this. I said yes, and below is what I get. I may be stupid, but this should not be rocket science. I am an IT consultant, and this is kicking my ass.
    1999 Corvette

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You need to read the instructions in our help file www.hptuners.com/help as to how to apply a custom operating system.

In any event you were trying to do a write calibration when you MUST do a write entire to change operating systems.

Thanks, the Write complete got me in. I had done everything to the turne toget it ready for the install a while back, but did not install it. I had forgotten about the Write Complete.

Thanks for helping me see the light.
    1999 Corvette