Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ls6 turbo tune help

Question ls6 turbo tune help

z06
    ls6
    ptk style twin turbo
    42# injectors,62# fuel pressure,MAF stock z06,
    i started with a tune via mail order. turns out it is for 60# injectors.we tried to modify it w/ ifr scale and did not work.
    is their anyone with a ls6 TT kit that can spare a tune file that is on a running car.
    so far i have tried diablo cmr,west coat mail order,now hptuners with a lm-1.alot off learning and money with no results.the company i bought the hp from suggests $450.. more for a school.maybe later .
    i have a need for speed
    i know now how much time it takes to learn ,and i'll get it in time.there are NO tuners in the mobile area,it would have been cheaper and easier to just pay the man.
    i need a tune for 8psi,maf,42 lb. injectors,no cats striaght threw

thanks,
    mike in mobile(251-382-1084)

Unhappy tune

there must be a file out there for a basic set up

First of all, you are asking for a FREE tune when a lot of people on here have a lot of hard work in their tunes to just give away (without you trying to help yourself first). Post the tune, post some logs if you have any, tell us your issues and we can help. Then more people would be willing to help.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Lightbulb

hi thanks,
    I'll put something up in a couple of days.this is not a business for me and never would have spent the money if someone had come forward and helped.so far i am in for a diablo (nfg),mail tune from Charlie Williams(?)still is trying ,first tune did not work.bought HP tuners after reading this quote.then was told i need to spend $800.00 for a school.cool!
    my problem is that us disabled vets do not have lots of money to waste,not your fault.so far I'm in for allot more than the dyno tune that is not available in mobile.so bare with till i figure out how this thing works.i have been at this for seven months now and i just wanted to drive before Summers end.

"Hi!

First I'd like to say thanks to Chris for the wonderful job he's doing helping out. I really appreciate it!

Paul, thanks a ton for helping as well. I'm very glad to have the hacking side of you here.

My name is Keith. I've been PCM hacking for about a year now. Nothing major until just recently though. My method is to remove the 28F400 flash chips from the pcm with a heat gun and then read them in my EMP-20. It's not the most easy way, but for me right now its the only way.

I put up this board for several reasons. I have learned quite a bit so far and I would really like to share the knowledge. I also know there are many others out there just like me who would also like to share. And most importantly, I would really like to see us all work together and perhaps come up with a DIY editor for all OBD-II PCM's at a very affordable cost. I think that would be awesome!

I hope you all enjoy your stay here! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make it better. Thanks!

- Keith"

I am just saying, post up details. People are here to help but without details and a tune, no one can make an attempt to help get you started in the right direction. This site is here for help and assistance for the DIY tuner. If the other tunes did not work, tell them you want your money back. I have helped do that for several people who needed a retune because the one they originally paid for sucked. I would tell them it is junk and you want your money back
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

cool
    Charlie Williams as not charged any thing yet,we will see .he as help get me ware I'm am.i am not a DIY as far as a tuner by CHOICE goes but, i do most everything else with my sons.it is a matter of economics.I'll have my son Michael send post up dating were we are at now.

mike in mobile

Mike,

Send me your file. I can help. I've tuned a lot of TT cars. Not the PTK style as there are VERY few but I have helped Nick Yoskin with his setup.

You may want to go and upgrade to the Mot 60 injectors with that PTK style kit. It can make some serious HP. You can make about 550 RWHP on the 42's reliably. If you're planning on going above 550 get the 60's.

Doug
    Always Support Our Troops!

hi,
    there are three of us all doing this.i just stopped for a break on Thursday.we have had a couple of runs @16 Afr on the Lm-1.i need to figure out how to make it work with the pro.got it wired right and have 4.12 vdc out of the lm-1.Michael,my 20yr. old was in the" let me "mode.i encourage this in all my boys.learn by doing.
    i am surprised i made it it this far
    thanks mike

trying to help also, i sent you the lm-1 settings to you and gunther. if you can get that wideband reading right, then everything should fall into place if you are logging correctly and have the correct tables
    01 T/A WS6 #4984 PM for info...funny rear mount...father/son build.
    My STS build
    NEW: TC76, 69.65# FIC725, FPR, External Bosch 044, Moser 12 3.42,
    Manifolds, Forged Rods + Pistons,

Numbers to come...

You have to watch out though, each unit/car will have different offsets so you need to be sure to correct for each accurately or the data will be erroneous.

seems ok

my son mike and i messed with it and it is with in 0.2 error.he says he has it and can fine tune .next comes some more logs so i can post them.the tune is close but again needs fine tuning.
    thanks for the help,mike

Great! You're doing it yourself instead of depending on someone else to do it. Congrats!
    Always Support Our Troops!

we will see?

logged for 15 min. including highway.lean to 16afr around 5-65k rpm.gave more pe.my son is doing his best but we are still poken and hopen.i asked were the time was at rpm he said 32.sounds high.we treid to turn on the maf for a while but set back to sd.easier for now.what should the time be set at?
    any help would be great. mike

man DO NOT run the car if it is that lean. Do not "give more PE" you need to adjust the primary fuel tables. Post up a tune and the scan so we can help you get somewhere safe.

Timing? Depends on the CR and boost, could be from 10º to 30º, but I would guess in the 15-20º range should be good for WOT, not 32º!

Time to post some files

how do i post files?sent it out in e-mail form
    mike

OK, first of all, do not drive the car with the tune that is in there.

Here is something to try. You need to be sure you are logging useful parameters. Log the commanded AFR, AFR from the WB, and MAF frequency. I pulled back the timing for now until it gets safe. Running the car how it was will take the motor out in no time. DO NOT PUT THIS IN SD!!! You have a stock VE table and ran SD, very bad. Plus, the VE can not see positive manifold pressures on the stock OS. The MAF is going to max out as well, but it may be close.

Again, log those things, post back up with the results. Here is the "test" tune I put up and the one you sent me. Be sure you reset the fuel trims.

Don't make any WOT runs past 4500-5000 RPM. There may be way too much fuel in there for what you need, but I would rather be in the 10's than the 16's at WOT!

new log

here is the log from today with your test tune. it ran super rich, which is better than before

Here, this should be better. You can go higher in the RPM range as well, see what it does.

You need to reset the fuel trims with the scanner though, it is messing up the data. Go to VCM controls and reset them. Also, delete STFT and LTFTs from the scanner.

Take a longer log too, like 15-20 minutes.

thanks for the help!
    my son took off some were and i haven't learn to use the sys.I'll do as instructed asap. mike 251-382-1084

we got it in and went out to far.was the Best i have seen in a maf tune.mike will send log at 10pm or so.
    now the bad news,it was ruining ok as you will see .about 212 @65mph and the left side hose poped off.stooped at a fab shop,owner runs a bracket 1/6 mile car.he let us use a jack and his water.it would not take it ,temp just shoots up. we tried it for a couple of hours with no luck.AAA got me home.
    there must be a trick to fill these cars.they just don't burp right.
    thanks again mike