Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Aux Fan pin 99 s-10

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumulus102 View Post
    That was the cool part. Chevy uses two inputs and three relays to run the two fans in series in low and in parallel in high. 3 amps in low and about 13 in high. I will see if I can post the LS1 wiring diagram here.

Couldn't post the diagram, but here are the links to the website. I had never read the entire thread, but now I see that there is some good discussion in there about tuning the PCM. It has answered some of my questions.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3...ingfansbu6.gif

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...gram-here.html
    Well that was really helpful, i have installed a few set of fans but i could never figure out how to do the 2 speed deal, thanks!

Tuner
    I'm going to do this Fan mod to my 1998 Blaser. Does anyone know if I use the #42 pin also or is it a different one?

Ken

in my 2000 s10 what i did was repinned the wire that goes to the air pump to the fan 1 pin, 42. ditched the air pump. the air pump already has a relay and a30 amp fuse on the passenger side fender well. remove the battery to get to it. i used that power source, fuse and relay and wired both my fans to it. that relay gets a 12v signal for the air pump. so you hafta make that pink signal wire a constant 12v, i just cut it, and slid it in with the fuse blade. and what was the constant ground you connect your fan 1 ground signal 2. ta daaaaaaa... theres no 2 speeds and no running one fan, but you can control the temp via the pcm, a/c, coolant temp, and even program it to run after its off.
    2001 3.8 v6 camaro, T5, ford 42lb green top injectors, grand national .63 a/r turbo. 8psi. stock motor, ngk tr6 plugs (one step colder) 91 octane.

2001 4.3 zr2 s10. daily driver, 31" tires, 4x4, cat! and exhaust. looking for mpg.