Thread: misfiring at idle

Tuner in Training

misfiring at idle

My problem is that its misfiring at idle and anytime i let off the gas and am slowing down its misfiring. Anything above 2K RPM's and it run's just fine with no missfires at all. Could it be a oiled up MAF sensor?? Bad 02 Sensor?? I am sorta stuck if some1 can take a look at the attachments and give me some ideas of possible solutions i would appreciate it!
    Scans + Logs Uploaded + Current Tune
    Last edited by Altiery54; 06-30-2008 at 08:04 AM.

Potential Tuner
    i have this same problem man. im told its my gap on the plugs. cause there at about .42 and a 2.8 requires .35-.40 but whatever let me know if you find the reason ill let you know if the plugs fix the problem.

Can you feel the misfire or are you just throwing the p0300 code and seeing it on your interceptor?

Tuner in Training
    I have heard of a clutch causing this code to go but its not really a mis-fire. The way the car detects a missfire is by the Crank sensor and trhe cam sensor going out of sync. This is why poeple see it on decel because the cams are chain driver and I think under heavy decel they may be pulling on the slack in the chain. As long as you dont get misfire under on power conditions its no biggie. I dont even see whats to misfire under decel because the DFCO cuts fuel. So there is nothing to fire anyways! Maybe its is dectecting the start of DFCO as a misfire who knows crazier things have happened.
    Last edited by SSSexy; 07-10-2008 at 02:37 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13
    Can you feel the misfire or are you just throwing the p0300 code and seeing it on your interceptor?

no u can definetly feel it. it kinda feels like a cammed v8 or something. the rpm's will fluxuate and u can hear the miss

Can you get a screen shot of your log at idle? Im at work....

Tuner in Training
    Can you get a screen shot of your log at idle? Im at work....
    i dont have hptuners to open the logs up to get a screenshot. what are u looking for i might be able to answer ur question.

I just wanted to see what your IDC was and your spark timing and all of that....

Tuner in Training
    I just wanted to see what your IDC was and your spark timing and all of that....
    damn man. i cant help u out right now. any chance u can take a peak when u get home and get back 2 me?

Ha wellllll thats complicated. My only computer is effed and I dont have another computer to run this shit on. If only I could see your log somehow...

Tuner in Training
    hmmm idk what i could do

Who took the logs for you? Can you have that person send them to me?